Please help...Essential Nails gel lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_pink1988

Reaction score
I saved up £1,000.00 to do what I have always wanted to do gel nails, I went through Essential Nails and did 2 of their courses which used up all my savings. I received a 'pass' and was told I could go out and do people's nails. I had 3 clients and they had nails fall off after a week. I co ntacted Essential nails who said I have completed the course so no further advice they can offer. (Great!)

I lost all my faith in doing this and did not do it for 3 months, I now want to get back into it and am practicing on all my friends and watching other nail tech's to see if I can work out my error.

The only thing I did wrong I think is that I did get gel on the side of a few nails (which causes lifting), although I did file this off. Also I brought some white tips off a small chinese boutique stall in London? I have lots of these tips left - could it be the tips? I really feel like a failure and could do with any advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
When I do my own nails, they stay on for 3 weeks

Hi, I'm not familiar with Essential Nails but do know that if you get get in the sidewalls and do not remove BEFORE curing, that will cause lifting. HTH! :)

I trained with EN and it doesn't cover removing the cuticle. Check out fingernail fixer on YouTube. This will point you in the right direction.
I was like you lifting after a few days now I don't get any

It was my eureka moment!!!

HTH

Vicki xx

I did an essential nails course a long time ago as a start.

As far as lifting, yes hitting the skin will encourage lifting as the skin pulls away from the product. One of the most popular reasons for lifting is not preparing the natural nail thoroughly enough ie not getting rid of all the dead stuff (the t word that starts with a p that I cant think of right now from lack of sleep :eek:).

The one thing that essential nails unfortunately doesnt teach well is preparation as you cant practice on the nail trainer and they cant examine it. So make sure that you are preparing the nail well.

There are some articles written by geeks in the article section in the menu above ^^

Also when cleansing the nail before its gel time makes sure to REALLY cleanse that nail well with the cotton pad, making sure to get all the oil off (dont forget the sides) and dont touch the nails after you have cleansed them before your gel.

Theres so many reasons that you can get lifting you really just have to go through the possibles and its a case of practice and process of elimination.

Again, lack of sleep, lots missed out im sure

Preparation is absolutely key to good nails that last. EN can teach you application and shape but NOT what you need to do to a real finger nail. If you read 100's of posts on here you will see that most people accept that it is a start but need to take a short course after.

In my opinion, you need to do as much practising/training (if not more) with real people before taking on paying clients. Look at the video as suggested and then consider taking a conversion course or similar.

Good luck

I trained with EN and it doesn't cover removing the cuticle. Check out fingernail fixer on YouTube. This will point you in the right direction.
I was like you lifting after a few days now I don't get any

It was my eureka moment!!!

HTH

Vicki xx

Once again CND training to the rescue!!

Holly (fingernailfixer) is a CND educator teaching, not hers, but CND education. Here it is for you free on line. May it encourage you to go further with CND.

Once again CND training to the rescue!!

Holly (fingernailfixer) is a CND educator teaching, not hers, but CND education. Here it is for you free on line. May it encourage you to go further with CND.

I did :)

I'm now the proud owner of a Brisa certificate :). In fact got a nice French nno on at the moment. 2 weeks on not a peep of lifting chipping or anything.

Julia and the girls in Manchester are great. Anyone who is thinking of going to them I can't rate them high enough.

Vicki xx

Latest posts

Back