Please help - Massive outbreak of spots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherubs

Reaction score
I've always suffered from a few pimples (tiny bumps under the skin) around my chin area, but for the last 5/6 weeks i've been suffering really badly with BIG spots almost like boils :eek: and they're everywhere not just my chin! they're on my chin, cheeks and I currently have 2 on my neck :cry:
My doctor prescribed me some antibiotics but i fear they're making the problem worse, I was also prescribed Benzoyl Peroxide 5% which also isnt doing much except bleaching my skin and my towels!!! She recommended i use a basic face wash and moisturiser.
I started using Simple facial products as they state "No perfume's, chemical's etc" to date nothing is improving and i'm still getting spots :cry:
I'm really baffled as to why i'm getting all these big red horrible spots all of a sudden??? Quite a few months back i went through a bit of a stage of trying lots of different creams, make-up's etc but that was months ago and have since stuck to 1 make of foundation (Mac) but have used different washes/moisturisers in a desperate attempt to clear my skin!!!

Can anyone advise me on what to do next? or what products to try? It's really beginning to get me down, i'm becoming so paranoid about them :cry:

Thanks guys :hug:

I personally think you should go back to your gp. at the end of the day we are trained therapists to beautify the hands, feet etc. we are not trained medically to diagnose or treat diseases or disorders. hope your gp sorts it out for you soon.

i cant use simple either , it makes my skin horrendus :confused: but dermalogica skin wash is fab !! hth x

hi cherubs.

you sound sooooo like i was until 3 weeks ago honey. :cry:

do you eat a lot of wheat based and/or sugary foods and alcohol?

i'm asking because i was diagnosed with having candida earlier this month, and acne is cause by it...here's a link to a thread i started on here about it.

http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/89144-candida-infection.html

throughout december i increased the amount of bread and sugary foods in my diet, and within a couple of weeks i started getting horrendous deep spots on my jawline, neck and back.

some of them were so sore and deep that i couldn't lie on my back in bed due to the pain, and they were lasting for 2 weeks or more without coming to a head.

obviously i'm not saying that it is this which is causing them for you, but for myself i have found that after being on the candida diet for 4 weeks now i haven't had any more outbreaks and the ones that were present have now gone. :)

your problem could be hormonal, and a simple blood test will confirm or deny for you - ovarian cysts can increase the amount of testerone and cause acne.

or it could even be something as being reactive to your washing powder...hopefully it's something simple as that. :hug:

jue x

You also need to treat the inflammation with acne - not just the bacteria. Try something like a salicylic wash - medical formula. This will also have a mild peel effect which will be beneficial. At worst it will not do you any harm - UNLESS YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO ASPIRIN!

Agera Rx Medical Formula do one as do many other medical formula prescriptives. PM me if you need further advice. I appreciate how debilitating this can be for you. X

I totally understand how you feel hun as I had exactly the same problem for 4 yrs!! Dont use the Benzol peroxide as it will dry out your skin and if our skin is dry it produces 2x more oil.
I tried antibiotics, face wash, face creams EVERYTHING nothing worked. I went to a new doctor and explained that i didn't think this was a surface problem I thought it was hormone related. He prescribed me with Dianette. Dianette is a type of contraceptive, given to women with problem skin. After 2 months it was gone and I never get spots anymore,not even at the time of the month!
Chuck your Simple products away! They are a very deceiving company as you would think they are 'simple' but far from it. One of the worst out there! (i studied quite a few)
Try and get hold of some austrailian body care facial wash. I contains tea tree and will have an anti bacterial affect on your skin- so killing bacteria.
Get yourself back to the doctors and mention Dianette to him and see what he says.
Good luck hun, I hope you are shot of it soon!!! xxx

Thankyou all for replying :hug:
I think a trip back to the doc's is needed, my diet hasn't changed so dont think it's that, maybe hormonal?? i've just had the coil fitted (week ago) so have been off the pill for a while (but have come off the pill in the past and this has never happened) and have already been checked for ovarian cyst's so it's not that, it's a real mystery??

Thanks again :hug:

Hi

I began breaking out badly with spots last year, tried everyting from environ prescription facials and aftercare products which slighty helped then I switched to regular karin hergoz deep clean facials which really helped and the homecare products such as the oxygen facial cream and scrub, my skin improved alot but the peroxide contained in KH products began to lighten my skin(I'm mixed race), so I stopped with that and I went to my doctor, he prescribed a topical gel that also contained anti biotics but no peroxide, which really did wonders and for the life of me I can't remember what it was called but it did the trick, just when my skin dramatically improved I found out I was expecting so I couldn't continue with the treatment and my skin went to its worst again, have tried simple products too but to no avail, I am now using tea tree products from the superdrug range and thankfully this has already made a difference and that was just over a week ago.

Are you also getting enough Zinc, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, and Vitamin B6 in your diet, these help to maintain and repair your skin.

HTH :)

Yeah I even went out and bought multivitamins to take also got Dettol disinfectant spray and have been going around spraying everything! keyboard, phones, light switches anything & everything!!!!! :lol::lol:

I'm known as the dettol wipe queen, lol, I take them everywhere with me and I am always applying hand sanitizer too, always got a little bottle of the stuff.

I can honestly recommend the tea tree wipes, they have done my hormonal skin wonders, if I can remember the gel I got from the docs will let you know.

eryacne also known as erygel, available from your doctor

Thanks hun :hug:, i'll be asking the doc for it :lol:

i got a big break out to, i have smooth skin little while ago, black heads was less and no spots!!! now boom they back i think mine down to my diet, stress, and lack of sleep :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back