plz help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klj

Reaction score
hey new to this site.
Been hairdressing for 5 years now.And my mother in law wants me 2 col,c+bd her hair at home, which i dont mind doin, but not sure what to charge her???
any help would be great.
thx

Personally I wouldn't charge her, but I know what you mean, she might start taking advantage if you don't! But I think she might come in handy for babysitting or the likes in the future, so maybe nothing LOL I've not helped at all like have I, sorry! x

charge ur mother in law? are u being serious lol. . . if it was a colour i wud ask her to cover the cost of materials or summin but jeeezo its ur kids grandmammy lol. . take a coffee and a bourbon cream for it lol x

I agree with scottydolly, If you wanted to charge anything just cover the cost of your materials , but its up to you it can be difficult with family members I personally dont charge my parents or brother, but everyone else gets charged friends etc if I do it outside of the salon .

aye i charge my cousins n stuff a bit more than the cost of colour, but nae my maw and grandmammy lol x

Hi I dont charge my family anything, but they insist on giving me money as they know I have to make a living from what I do. My mum gives me £20 for a cut and colour and my dad gives me £5 for a cut and my husband doesnt give me anything but buys me the odd top etc.. My parents wouldnt let me do it if they couldnt give me anything for it and they would rather give me the money than or salon.

hi. i am currently in level 2 and all my family have me to do there hair and i dont charge them, mainly because i am still training and it is more practice for me and also it will build my confidence up more aswell. i am going into level 3 in september and some of my mums friends would like there hair doing and now i dont charge but in september level 3 i will start to just charge a little to cover my costs.to be honest if you ask me i would charge her as she is family. but it is obviously your choice.

chelsea x

my mother in law wants me 2 col,c+bd her hair at home, which i dont mind doin, but not sure what to charge her???
thx

Hi, well I would disscuss this with your Hubby and ask him what does he think of charging his Mum ?
this is your family now :hug: and you all have to give and take...
so.... if you have kiddies or are lucky enough to have future kiddies that come along
do you think she would charge you and your Hubby to babysit?
iykwim :wink2:
let us know what you decide ? :hug: minky x

Um if she is anything like my husband's family then i would charge her! What I mean is I think it is fine not to charge family as long as you are getting something in return. Sorry if I sound really selfish but I do believe that all our time is valuable and it is good to have the favour returned. If your mother in law does you favours etc then I would not charge her, although i may take something for the materials. I would never charge my family (mum and sister) cause I know that they have helped out with my kids etc and would do anything for me. My main moan about in laws and the family attached to it is my sister in law who is loaded and always harks on about me waxing her etc but she is so lazy that it is me that would have to go to her!
This is an example:
I work in a spa where she is a member and she was in the other day wanting a manicure and pedicure - she will be paying my work £75 for the pleasure. She knows how short we r for money but she probably expects me to do it for free! She would never offer!

My question is: What will she do for me in return?

The answer: Nothing

Sorry for hijacking this post!

Latest posts

Back