polish dry, what works best

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
use a hairdryer on the cold shot between coats. i have done that for years. with the heat wave we've been having, the polish needs all the help it can. kathleen www.mynailsrock.com

I like to use Avon Speed Dry top coat...

use a hairdryer on the cold shot between coats. i have done that for years. with the heat wave we've been having, the polish needs all the help it can. kathleen www.mynailsrock.com

You know, someone did that on me once and I got covered in dust and stuff which just stuck to my nail polish.

How do you prevent that from happening?

I just use INM's Out The Door, put it straight over wet polish, do all 10, then go straight in to do the 2nd coat without any waiting or fuss. They dry really quick and I never have any probs.

Hi,

I was actually going to post a thread asking about drying times for polish.

I gave my mother-in-law a manicure and used a 60 second spray afterwards.
I advised (as told by college lecturer) that they will now be dry, but not rock solid dry for 2 hours.

The poor love sat their for 2 hours not moving and they still smudged!
She's never had her nails done and lives quite away from me so I wanted them to be perfect, didnt quite work out.

I used a base coat, 2 layers of polish and a topcoat (OPI polish) left plenty of time between each layer for it to dry.
How long should it take for them to be rock dry?
Also (apologies for going on) if I try one of the ways recommended here by yourselves does this mean they will be rock hard dry?

Sorry for taking over your thread.

Ria

Bumping it up.

Im here in the states and I found a product that is fabulous. Absolutly awsome. I buy it in a place called sally beauty supply. it isnt even a proffesional product. its called Natural Additions by delore. its marketed as a organic nail strengthner and quick dry. you wait like 2 min and put this oli on and actully rub it in! iv used for 6 months and iv only had litterally 5 people come back with smudge. i call it liquid gold in a bottle, cuticle oil slash quick dry Cant beat it!

I slather them with cuticle oil and I have no smudging at all. I let them know that they won't be dry for a bit and to be careful and they usually are. It gets them out my door with no smudging. The oil is so slick unless they go digging in their purse, it's ok.

aj

before i use the hairdryer method, i usually shake off the table towel and the diposable towel into the garbage so there's no dust or anything that can blow up on the nails. kathleen www.mynailsrock.com

Latest posts

Back