Poll: Price increases... How often? and Why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prices Increases: When? and Why?

• Never! I'm too scared!!!

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • Very rarely, only when my own overheads are increased.

Votes: 46 36.5%
  • Once a year

Votes: 56 44.4%
  • Regularly, every 6mths without fail

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Whenever I'm getting sooooo busy ... I need to drop a few clients!!!

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters

Bud

Reaction score
Just thinking about hiking my prices up (again!) and wondering how all you business-wise geeks go about deciding when to increase your prices?

I change my prices about every three years......as I'm kinda on the high side already.......but when I do.... I also give them a 3 month warning that they will be raised....and when it's close.....give them a gentle reminder that their next appointment the new increase will be in effect......they seem to handle it well.....hav'nt had a price increase here in Canada yet though ....only been here a year:rolleyes:

I review my prices every year, some go up, some come down and some stay the same. They go up immediately for new clients and existing clients have 3 months notice.

I am USELESS at changing my prices! Mine have been the same for ever and I am prob just making a profit. But I sooooo love what i do!!!!! (thats my justification to myself, lol)

U took the words right out of my mouth bud.

I am about to increase my infil prices - first increase in 2 years so they aint done bad !!!!!

Im earning much more £££ per hour for waxing than nails at the moment!

Amb x

I have said once a year ... I am very nervous about raising my prices at the moment as I am just starting to build a steady clientelle. I am going to increase my prices in the New Year and warn my clients about 3 months beforehand.

Sassy Hassy said:
I review my prices every year, some go up, some come down and some stay the same. They go up immediately for new clients and existing clients have 3 months notice.
Ditto but I charge same new or old, only give out new price lists and have a sign on my desk with date of price rise. Peeps seem to try and get in as much as possible before it goes up.

I review mine once a year, and like Sassy, some go up, some go down, some stay the same. I take into account my costs & how much ive improved as well as which treatments are more popular etc:)

I increase once a year because here all increase yearly :sad:...then I just go along with prices.

But my customers understand :)

I increase my prices whenever my pricelists run out. They usually last between 12-15 months. We have a notice in the salon for about 6 weeks beforehand, plus they're all told that their next appointment will be £x price instead.

Once you make a regular habit of it, it's easier to increase your prices without clients batting an eyelid. Everything else goes up so why shouldn't our prices. Don't forget, we should all charge what we are worth.

Latter years, clients have actually starting asking after a year or so if it's still x price. They get to expect it.

Unlike some of the other Geeks though, my prices never go down :eek:. Years ago some used to stay the same but I've toughened up as I've got older and now all treatments get increased.

An old thread, but a good one . . .

yearly for me, although the French rebalance has taken a couple of hikes because I thought it was underpriced for the amount of time taken, and it will be rising again soon

Hi there,
I increase my prices regularly because I attend training courses to improve my skills and my clients understand this and are happy with it.

It will be interesting to see with the current economic client what some of you geeks will do about your prices.

Mine will go up next week by about 10% on everything. We've had a notice in the salon for the last 6 weeks letting clients know, plus they've been told that their next appointment will cost more.

It's been reassuring to know that the only comments we have had have been along the lines of 'what, they're going up already? They've only just gone up' When they're reminded they went up a year ago, they're gobsmacked about how quickly time has gone. They're more shocked at time passing than prices going up.

Latest posts

Back