Portable Facial Steamer - Any good??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabinkel

Reaction score
Just typical of my luck, during a facial yesterday my steamer gaveup the ghost! It just stopped dead! I have had my dad, (an electrician) look at it and he said its had it! (a friend gave it to me about 2 years ago).
I am now in a position where I am desperate for a steamer, but my local wholesalers wants £230 for a new one! Has anyone used one of the portable/table top ones? Are they any good and are they "workable" Any comments much appreciated!

PS Im more annoyed because I could have got a good deal on one at the show Sunday:irked:

Well I used one on my training and it was fine, better than I thought it would be actually. I have nothing to compare it to, but if I was going to get a steamer I think I'd go for it ... it's just steam at the end of the day (oo err hope I haven't said anything heretical there lol!! :) )

Thanks for that sassy. Main thing I was worried about was the positioning of it. They look like their nozzle dosent extend!!!:lol: I was wondering if it will mean getting the client to lay facing the steamer that will be on top of my trolley? Will it be a bit awkward?

Well I don't remember it being awkward. It sat on the trolley and gave off plenty of steam ... like I say I've never used a posh one! It did only have a limited amount of time of steam, just enough for one client

Well I don't remember it being awkward. It sat on the trolley and gave off plenty of steam ... like I say I've never used a posh one! It did only have a limited amount of time of steam, just enough for one client

thanks for your input:hug:

the portable ones are just fine hun....as long as your not doing back to back facials all day cos like Sass said they only give a limited steam time

the portable ones are just fine hun....as long as your not doing back to back facials all day cos like Sass said they only give a limited steam time

I dont get it. You can refill continually cant you? So why wouldit matter if you had back to back facials??

oh i was just meaning if you were pushed for time, or if you were behind for some reason it could hold you up a bit thats all

Ive got one, its a bit of a pain in the arse to position. because ideally, you need one of those hospital trollies that go over the bed, which cost a fortune and are bulky to store. For what i use it for tho mines great. i just stick it on my trolley and hope the steam reaches their face lol.

its better than a previous salon i worked in whereby they would get the client to sit up over a normal facial sauna that you use at home!!! :eek:

I have one & love it xxxxxxxxx

Ive got one, its a bit of a pain in the arse to position. because ideally, you need one of those hospital trollies that go over the bed, which cost a fortune and are bulky to store. For what i use it for tho mines great. i just stick it on my trolley and hope the steam reaches their face lol.

its better than a previous salon i worked in whereby they would get the client to sit up over a normal facial sauna that you use at home!!! :eek:

You're kidding!!! Dont think I'll be doing that!! Thanks for opinion!:)

I have one & love it xxxxxxxxx

Do you have trouble with position of yours shelley? Do you have the skinmate one, thats the one i'v been suggested....?

Do you have trouble with position of yours shelley? Do you have the skinmate one, thats the one i'v been suggested....?
mine is from Ellisons hun, i put it on a trolly & move it round the bed to hit the face at different angles xx

i have one of these and think they fab, just a bit tedius holding it in position, as i cant find a suitable position to leave it (height etc) other than that , they fabarrrrroooony

thanks everyone. Good to hear the good/bad points on things! I have made SOOOO many mistakes in the past that I TRY to be more cautious now and not impulse buy:eek:

Latest posts

Back