Positivity and Negativity

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had 2 ex boyfriends who were SO negative about everything that it really started to get me down.

My mum is negative too and I have to make sure that I sit and clear my head for a few minutes after we speak so that I don't feel negative.

I'm naturally quite a positive person so it really affects me!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

its all about smiling, did you know a simple smile can make anyones day ;)

A frown takes up more muscles- plus according to coke cola you can lose calories from smiling! hehe! ;)
xoxo

Or is it your attitude?
Some people just have a bad attitude and yes they tend to be negative and begrudgers.
Some people have a great attitude and it's good to hang out with people like that as their positive, can do attitude rubs off on you.
I do tend to shy away from people with a bad attitude it's too much work mentally to deal with them. Very draining.
I am a positive person and I don't worry about things that you can't change, I think you should just get on with it and don't moan about it.

but I really do believe that negativity breeds negativity,
Me too - misery likes company!

I know a few negative people and sometimes it's hard not to be drawn into a whinge-fest with them and I have my down days. But on the whole I'm a pretty positive person I think.

I used to work with a girl who was soooo negative. I remember about a year after we stopped working together we met up for a coffee and it was the longest, most depressing hour of my year haha! Everything is against her and it's everyone's fault but hers... etc etc. Thing is she could change EVERYTHING that she was whining about but would rather just whinge instead.

I didn't make anymore plans with her and haven't seen her since.

I have some clients like this too but unfortunately I can't turn work away to keep away from them. I feel so drained and sad when I've been with them. I always try and chat about a cheerful subject but they're wrapped up in their doom and gloom. Can't be doing with it.

If its clients we have to try to remember that they're only with us for a short while...and just think of that light at the end of the tunnel! It'll be over soon!

But yes, some are draining...trying to pick them up only to be met with "meh" :rolleyes:

Totally agree with this, lots of my clients tell me I always make them happy as I'm so happy an positive all the time. Don't get me wrong I have my "why me" moments but I like to the the majority if the time I'm very positive!

I hate negativity and the whole woah it's me people. There's no need for it, smile and be happy and your life will light up!

My boyfriends family friend is suffering from cancer and he's put in place a PMA system, PMA stands for positive mental attitude, and he finds the positive in everything. It's so inspirational, I have sooo much respect for him. If he can have a PMA then absolutely everyone can!

PMA makes the world a better place :D xxxxxx

Thats awesome...I'm always ranting on about PMA!!!!

Most things can be turned into a positive...and when you're living with a terminal illness, you need to take each day as it comes and enjoy it...not mope around wishing your life away! x

When people do me wrong, I have my moan and then when I go to bed, I imagine them in a pink bubble floating off to a happy place.........just not near me thanks. lol Seriously, I really do wish them luck and it takes all those negative vibes away.

Ask the Universe to take them off of your path and you'll find that they'll move out of the area, or get another job. Try it. It really does work.

I put them or the bad thoughts in an imaginary box, put it on an imaginary shelf and forget about it! (thankfully my imaginary shelf isn't from Argos as it would've collapsed by now!) x

Negativity breeds negativity. How true. I have learned, albeit the hard way, to disassociate myself from negative people. They can be like a toxin and their negativity can start to eat away a one and cause anxiety and stress.

It literally does eat away at you! And the more people dwell on negative thoughts, the worse it gets...thats one of the reasons some people suffer from depression...over thinking negative things that have happened to them. x

its all about smiling, did you know a simple smile can make anyones day ;)

A frown takes up more muscles- plus according to coke cola you can lose calories from smiling! hehe! ;)
xoxo

As I like to say "Turn that frown upside down!" :biggrin:

Laws of Attraction girls and guys.... Whether You Think You Can or Whether You Think You Can't.... You're ALWAYS right!!!

I'm a huge LOA believer and listened to The Secret in 2007 at possibly the scariest and most frightening time of our lives. It changed my life (our lives) and I thank God, the Universe, Laws of Attraction... Whatever you want to call it... Every day.

I have stories that still make my neck hairs stand to attention when I think of how you can change anything and everything with the power of thought... And Love and Thankfulness. :Love::Love:

Or is it your attitude?
Some people just have a bad attitude and yes they tend to be negative and begrudgers.
Some people have a great attitude and it's good to hang out with people like that as their positive, can do attitude rubs off on you.
I do tend to shy away from people with a bad attitude it's too much work mentally to deal with them. Very draining.
I am a positive person and I don't worry about things that you can't change, I think you should just get on with it and don't moan about it.

This is very true too!

When I was a teenager, I used to have a terrible attitude and funnily enough its when I started suffering from depression (I have done on/off throughout the years).

But I used to hang around with a bunch of girls and well...we were horrible.

I then moved away...and have moved further and further away from where I grew up and I'm much much happier now.

But I think one of things that triggers my depression is definitely the people around me.

I like to think of myself as happy-go-lucky, and everyone always says that I'm happy...but every now and again that black dog rears its ugly head in the form of a grumpy negative so and so!

Me too - misery likes company!

I know a few negative people and sometimes it's hard not to be drawn into a whinge-fest with them and I have my down days. But on the whole I'm a pretty positive person I think.

I used to work with a girl who was soooo negative. I remember about a year after we stopped working together we met up for a coffee and it was the longest, most depressing hour of my year haha! Everything is against her and it's everyone's fault but hers... etc etc. Thing is she could change EVERYTHING that she was whining about but would rather just whinge instead.

I didn't make anymore plans with her and haven't seen her since.

This sounds exactly like my ex best friend!!! I only see her now every other year...but I literally have to brace myself for the negativity that lies ahead!

When we were younger she was always negative about everything, even though she had a fab life...but now she's an adult literally everything seems to go wrong for her! Some things she can't fix...some things she can...but she doesn't want to.

Laws of Attraction girls and guys.... Whether You Think You Can or Whether You Think You Can't.... You're ALWAYS right!!!

I'm a huge LOA believer and listened to The Secret in 2007 at possibly the scariest and most frightening time of our lives. It changed my life (our lives) and I thank God, the Universe, Laws of Attraction... Whatever you want to call it... Every day.

I have stories that still make my neck hairs stand to attention when I think of how you can change anything and everything with the power of thought... And Love and Thankfulness. :Love::Love:

Are you referring to 'The Power Of Positive Thinking' Mrs. Geek? I think there is a book with this title.

Law of Attraction is what made me think of this...it really does work!

I have The Secret here and as much as I'm a sceptic about things like this...it really *does* work...there is no denying it!

I bet there a lots of people that read it and think "this is a load of old cobblers" and then carry on their daily lives being miserable and failing at everything, when all it takes is just positive thinking and self belief to do and be what you want. x

I have a friend who is very draining. Hates her job, family, living arrangements just everything! But doesn't apply for jobs (can't be bothered!) and constantly complains when we talk. Also never happy when others succeed so I started to distance myself. One day I sent this to her and she said 'it isn't that easy'. So I don't bother anymore.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1380111084498.jpg
    1380111084498.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 112
This is so true!
My husband is a very positive person and always has been, he always sees the good in people and things and situations and EVERYONE loves him and enjoys being with him and when I'm with him he makes me feel great and positive and like I can achieve anything.
Someone once said he was one of those 'sunny' people and this must be what she meant.
I also have some very negative people in my life, always morbid and has a bad thing to say about everything and they drive me crazy sometimes and make me feel so fed up and it was starting to rub off onto me and my attitude to things :rolleyes:
My college course got cancelled 2 weeks ago so that's left me with 12 months of basically nothing to do and I've been quite negative the past two weeks about it all, as I gave up a place on another course to do this course. So this morning I've sent in my online application for next September so hopefully I've turned a negative into a positive and have got the ball rolling for next September :D

Great thread and just what I needed to give me a kick up the butt!

The thing that annoys me the most is when people moan but don't want to change anything... It's like stop moaning then?

Please believe me when I say this............if you don't get something that you really wanted, say a house, a job.............it's because something better is coming your way. Exciting eh!

Happy people draw happy people and miserable people draw miserable people. A clergyman once told this story:

There was a man who moved house and went up to his neighbour's house and asked "what are the neighbour's like round here?"
The neighbour replied "what were the neighbour's like where you last lived?
The man replied "oh, they were terrible, couldn't get on with any of them".
The neighbour replied "in that case, you will find the same here!"

So there you are. You create your own happiness.

Latest posts

Back