Positivity and Negativity

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im an empath at it really is horrible when people drain my energy. I can feel it and it changes me very quickly. Sometimes the negativity cant be avoided like being on a train and i pick up on emotions so trying to work on the emtional protection.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've done quite a lot about positive psychology at work, it's really interesting. One thing I've learnt is if you think about 3 positive things that has happened in the last 24 hours ( whether that's having a nice tea, watching your favourite tv programme ) and write them down, do it every day and apparently it makes you a much more positive person and can extend your life by 10 years - don't know about the 10 years bit but its certainly made me a lot happier!xxx

Tried to do this with my boyfriend, at the end of the day we had to tell eachother 3 good things that happened in our day, good way to catch up on the day too with a positive attitude, lasted a week! But definately something I would like to start doing again!

Please believe me when I say this............if you don't get something that you really wanted, say a house, a job.............it's because something better is coming your way. Exciting eh!
YES! My Nan used to say 'if it's fer ya it'll naw go by ya'. It's so true.

Please excuse my horrific attempt at typing in a Scottish accent.

I had a client who was extremely negative. Dreaded seeing her every 3 weeks. Then she moved so I took the opportunity to ditch her as she was making me miserable for my next client !!

I remember positive happy go lucky people in my life though, and I admire them. My brother is always like that. I see the funny side of a disaster, but I fear it might not appeal to some people, but I think its better than dwelling on the bad things.

I had a client who was extremely negative. Dreaded seeing her every 3 weeks. Then she moved so I took the opportunity to ditch her as she was making me miserable for my next client !!

I remember positive happy go lucky people in my life though, and I admire them. My brother is always like that. I see the funny side of a disaster, but I fear it might not appeal to some people, but I think its better than dwelling on the bad things.

Wish you'd been a little like that in you posts about us the other day :biggrin: :Scared::Scared::Scared:

Tried to do this with my boyfriend, at the end of the day we had to tell eachother 3 good things that happened in our day, good way to catch up on the day too with a positive attitude, lasted a week! But definately something I would like to start doing again!

Yeah its hard to get into a habit of doing it!. But apparently you have to do something 21 times before it becomes a habit :) xx

Yeah its hard to get into a habit of doing it!. But apparently you have to do something 21 times before it becomes a habit :) xx

Oh thats interesting to know :) love physchology x

Thanks girls for this post! It really made my day! Especially now, when I feel very low..xx

I have to say that I know I can be irritating with my "half-full" attitude!

I've lived long enough to lose some of my closest loved ones, from all generations, and have faced ongoing probs. SG is just about the only place where I have - sorry Geeks!- had a self-indulgent whinge. Hopefully you can ignore, whereas "in the flesh" friends can't, and I don't see the point of bringing others down.

I've also got a very warped sense of humour, so I can often chuckle at difficult situations.

I think the easiest way to promote positivity is to smile..... I smile at EVERYONE, strangers, stray dogs, rude people. (Actually, perhaps that's why I'm known as the village idiot.......:biggrin:)

I have to say that I know I can be irritating with my "half-full" attitude!

I've lived long enough to lose some of my closest loved ones, from all generations, and have faced ongoing probs. SG is just about the only place where I have - sorry Geeks!- had a self-indulgent whinge. Hopefully you can ignore, whereas "in the flesh" friends can't, and I don't see the point of bringing others down.

I've also got a very warped sense of humour, so I can often chuckle at difficult situations.

I think the easiest way to promote positivity is to smile..... I smile at EVERYONE, strangers, stray dogs, rude people. (Actually, perhaps that's why I'm known as the village idiot.......:biggrin:)

OMG you sound like me!!!

Just to throw something into the mix here. There's no connection with being negative and suffering from depression.......they are normal emotions. There are things in life that you can't be positive about......death in the family for example takes time to cope with and yes, there will come a day when you can look to the future with hope.

I think we're all talking about and agree that we mean being positive about things turning out right for us in the end. Life in general kind of positivity.

Latest posts

Back