Positivity and Negativity

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MummyCat

Reaction score
Do you believe that some people really do create their own luck?

You know you have some people that are always happy and positive and like to look on the bright side of life, can literally get themselves out of a rut and just get on with things without moaning about it. You can tell from their energy that they're just smiley happy people.

THEN...

You get those people who are just negative, nothing nice to say about anything, bad confidence about themselves, have bad luck and are just draining to be around...no matter what they say or do...they're just never going to be happy.

I'm not superstitious or religious person, so I'm no going to start going on about fate etc...but I really do believe that negativity breeds negativity, we see it all the time...even on this forum, some people just have nothing positive to say and its all doom and gloom, but then there's the flip side, people that are hugely successful and happy...and I'm sure they were happy even before they were successful.

What do you think?

Totally! Luck is believing that you're lucky.

Do good and good happens to you. My mum always told us if someone was horrible to us..........'Don't ever wish bad on anyone, just sit back and wait'. Ha! Sounds sinister but it's true. They'd have no luck.

You have to create your own luck by surrounding yourself with nice people. I find that like attracts like and just like at school you see the little groups of negative people group together.

I've very spiritual underneath being very grounded and I think that it's best to avoid energy Hoovers. They just want to drag you down.

Quote: 'The harder I work, the luckier I get.' Samuel Goldwyn

I used to be a really negative person but now I do believe you create your own luck by being positive! My grandmother is so negative about everything! She thinks that any bad thing that happens is because its her. Even if it starts raining..it's because she left the washing out! Stuff like that haha and the world is out to get her! Drives me nuts! Lol x

My hubby and I have had a lot of negative people in our lives who drained us and made us feel anxious, stressed out and unhappy. We have now removed these people from our lives and feel so much better for it. It can be done, whether theyre relatives or not.

There's a mum at the school who just constantly moans and I use to dread running into her. I make sure I don't now. If i happen to see her i pretend to be on my phone.

I have some clients like this too but unfortunately I can't turn work away to keep away from them. I feel so drained and sad when I've been with them. I always try and chat about a cheerful subject but they're wrapped up in their doom and gloom. Can't be doing with it.

Don't get me wrong..........you don't have to walk around with a permanent grin on your face and being false. It's about always believing there's a light at the end of the tunnel and that your toast will land butter side up.

I agree totally with that but I must say I'm happy go lucky all the time,I'm never down but bad stuff always happenes lol nothing ever is plain sailing and I have had to go through some awful stuff I'm just not lucky,but I never crumble and I'm never depressed I just get on with life shake it off and away I go.everything that happens makes me a better person so if you look at it that way and change the negative into a positive.

Negativity defo attracts negativity

Good thread xxx

I run a cafe all everyone that comes in says you always smiling and happy and there right I am lol.

My saying is if you miserable and moaning nobody actually gives a crap all your doing is making yourself down and miserable your not hurting no one else apart from yourself.xxx

Totally agree with this, lots of my clients tell me I always make them happy as I'm so happy an positive all the time. Don't get me wrong I have my "why me" moments but I like to the the majority if the time I'm very positive!

I hate negativity and the whole woah it's me people. There's no need for it, smile and be happy and your life will light up!

My boyfriends family friend is suffering from cancer and he's put in place a PMA system, PMA stands for positive mental attitude, and he finds the positive in everything. It's so inspirational, I have sooo much respect for him. If he can have a PMA then absolutely everyone can!

PMA makes the world a better place :D xxxxxx

Yes, again I too have down days. But im working on living by the the law if attraction :) xx

When people do me wrong, I have my moan and then when I go to bed, I imagine them in a pink bubble floating off to a happy place.........just not near me thanks. lol Seriously, I really do wish them luck and it takes all those negative vibes away.

Ask the Universe to take them off of your path and you'll find that they'll move out of the area, or get another job. Try it. It really does work.

I've battled with clinical depression for 15 years and have been well known for my negativity through the years and it's made me really ill and lost lots of friends. The way I see it is, you can drain everyone else's positivity or you can create your own.
I now have a more positive outlook. I have started dieting, I'm learning to drive, my business is getting better and i have branched out into doing nails. When I think back to what I was like 2 years ago it makes me realise how good my life is now. And that makes me happy. Now I smile a lot. Xx

When people do me wrong, I have my moan and then when I go to bed, I imagine them in a pink bubble floating off to a happy place.........just not near me thanks. lol Seriously, I really do wish them luck and it takes all those negative vibes away.

Ask the Universe to take them off of your path and you'll find that they'll move out of the area, or get another job. Try it. It really does work.

Absolutely! Amen!

I've had so much thrown at me in my life so far that if I told people even just half of it, they would think I was making it up. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger!

I'm a true believer in asking the universe, it works for all kinds of things. Ask, and then know that you will receive. My son gave me the book The Secret as a leaving present when I came to live in the UK, it's one of the best presents I've ever received.

These days, I try not to surround myself with negative people. It's draining. Be positive and the positive people will find you. It's the law of attraction.

You sound like my Mum... Everyone is put in a bubble everyday ;) its started to get me interested! Xx

Definately like attracts like, Being around negative people brings you down with them or sitting moping around just brings you down further. Each person holds the keys to their own life and is the only one who can change it! I always try to be positive as I really think it draws positivity to me.

My motto in life: Choose happiness !!

When bad things happen to you and there is nothing you can do to make it better, the only thing you can do is choose how you are going to let it affect you... Choose happiness because getting mad and frustrated will not make your situation any better, its called life. Be happy regardless xxx

Watch on the Internet
Derren brown- lucky
He follows people around who say they are "lucky" or "unlucky" and he plants opportunities in their lives and the negative "unlucky" people miss all the opportunities it's very amazing

I've done quite a lot about positive psychology at work, it's really interesting. One thing I've learnt is if you think about 3 positive things that has happened in the last 24 hours ( whether that's having a nice tea, watching your favourite tv programme ) and write them down, do it every day and apparently it makes you a much more positive person and can extend your life by 10 years - don't know about the 10 years bit but its certainly made me a lot happier!xxx

Negativity breeds negativity. How true. I have learned, albeit the hard way, to disassociate myself from negative people. They can be like a toxin and their negativity can start to eat away a one and cause anxiety and stress.

Just picked this up on Face Book and thought it apt for this thread. Author unknown: 'Life is like a camera. Just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't turn out, just take another shot'

Have you read the book "the secret" by Rhonda Byrne. It is very beautyful book. Say what ever happens in our life it is our power of thought. Plz read this book.
P

Latest posts

Back