Post permanent straightening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cloppie

Reaction score
I hope some Hair Geeks may be able to help me?!

I had Yuko permanent straightening done around 8 months ago. I was really happy with the results, but have decided it is way too expensive to have redone. (I can't get in touch with the lady who did it originally and for much less money)My roots are now growing back and my hair is starting to puff at the roots! because of the volume returning!

I was going to have Loreal Xtenso done, just to relax and tame the roots a little (also not to have such a drastic difference between straight part and curly part of hair). When they did a strand test, they said that the Yuko part of the hair went all stretchy. They didn't want to just do the regrowth at the roots with Xtenso in case the product went onto the Yuko part. They said mixing the two may cause the Yuko treated hair to break off (because it had gone all stretchy during the test).

Could anyone suggest anything? other than going back to hair straighteners on the roots.

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this at all?

Many thanks in advance !

surely if you got the yuko done they wud have to avoid the previously treated hair too no? i never seen or done yuko only read on it. . but with all chemical straightening you have to avoid what has been done in previous treatments or it wud go stretchy and possibly break. . i suggest you possibly try another salon where they are capable of only treating the regrowth. . x

maybe there isnt enough regrowth to get tension on without overlapping .You may just have to leave it a little longer , do some treatments and get a haircut .

Latest posts

Back