Posting special offer leaflets

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyyork

Reaction score
do you think if i made up some special offer leaflets and posted them to everyone in my village that it would be ok? i havent got time to go and post them all by hand so was thinking of putting a stamp on them all, i know it'll cost me a bit more but it will make life so much easier for me. do you think clients would be put off recieving a leaflet which has been sent through the post? would people be mad that i had got their address out the book?? dont know what to do.

It would be a good idea to post if you have been given their addresses, but I think it would be better to drop leaflet drop to those whose addresses you don't have as it may as you say put them off. If you have any email addresses this would cut down your costs. However it is a good idea to a special offer to your regular clients and you could always ask them to pass it on to their friends, hope this helps.:)

do you think if i made up some special offer leaflets and posted them to everyone in my village that it would be ok? i havent got time to go and post them all by hand so was thinking of putting a stamp on them all, i know it'll cost me a bit more but it will make life so much easier for me. do you think clients would be put off recieving a leaflet which has been sent through the post? would people be mad that i had got their address out the book?? dont know what to do.

The best thing i found with leaflets was to take them into busy shops such as the news agent as they keep them near the till and give to each client or client helps themselve, coffee shops and cafe is another one and in takeaways as people are waiting and something for them to read and digest and takeaway. or design a poster and put it up at the local post office where the local public can view it and it will spread the word. Good luck.:)

I definitely think private post a no no. Can you get someone you trust to do a leaflet drop & pay them a small amount?

Just another thought, My friend asked a friend who works at the local asda to take some leaflets into the staff area. Worked pretty well for her.

Could you not take a leisurely wander on a Sunday? Or as suggested, have someone else do it for you for pay? Do you have any young teenage relatives you would trust to actually deliver them and not dump them in a bin somewhere, I think they would appreciate a bit of extra cash :)

How about paying your local paper to deliver them at the same time as the paper? Has worked for me in previous businesses. Hths.

I paid a paperboy a tenner to deliver to the big estate (I didn't get any custom from it), apparently his mum helped him.

I also paid 2 teenagers to deliver to my village, I've since heard that the parents helped.

ok thanks guys. x

When I moved premises I had printed special notes detailing the new contact details and also inviting them to attend an open evening. I posted them out by 2nd class post to all my clients and I didn't have a negative word about it. in fact many were pleased that I had remembered them!

Why not do both? A mail shot AND a mail drop? If youhave their addresses then mail them. If not do a door drop. A helpful hint for the door drop is to put your leaflet into a plain white envelope and seal it shut. Don't write anything on the front of it - because anyone faced with a plain white envelope will HAVE to open it!

Oh, and make sure your leaflets have a really cracking offer on them!

Good luck! :hug:

Why not do both? A mail shot AND a mail drop? If youhave their addresses then mail them. If not do a door drop. A helpful hint for the door drop is to put your leaflet into a plain white envelope and seal it shut. Don't write anything on the front of it - because anyone faced with a plain white envelope will HAVE to open it!

Oh, and make sure your leaflets have a really cracking offer on them!

Good luck! :hug:

Thanks Martin, that's a really useful tip! I've been busy printing off A5 leaflets to door drop and folded them writing side out, not blank side out, so as to catch people's eyes. I think now though I'll be getting myself down to asda to buy some cheap envelopes, :)!

HI

I have to say that I had a really good response. I delivered mine by hand twice and both times have been good. I have also used the email system and the post system. All time consuming, but well worth it. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back