Practicing with gemstone before using Swarovski crystals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi there

I would like to be offering Swarovski Crystal Pedi's and Mani's, but I need to practice first.

I need to practice my application style i.e. Resin, Gel or Shellac as well as how Im going to place them on.

I also want to practice because I don't want clients paying and then they fall off in a couple of days.

I want to be using these crystals:

Factory Pack Xilion Rose Enhanced Crystals Style 2058 SS5 Non-Hotfix Crystal

If I buy these to practice with:

Pk 100 Rhinestones SS5 Non-Hotfix Erinite

Will these give me a rough indication on how they will last? I know that the Rose cut crystal is a different shape to the rhinestone so will these make MUCH of a difference?

Also I couldnt seem to match up SS5 (I think I checked SS7 and SS9) with the 'crystal colour' any ideas?

Thanks

Anyone at all?

In my experience the rhinestones last just as long as Swarovski. As long as they are applied properly there shouldn't be any problems with longevity. I thought the rose cut was just a personal cosmetic preference, I'm not sure if it makes a difference to how long they last, someone will correct me if I'm wrong x

In my experience the rhinestones last just as long as Swarovski. As long as they are applied properly there shouldn't be any problems with longevity. I thought the rose cut was just a personal cosmetic preference, I'm not sure if it makes a difference to how long they last, someone will correct me if I'm wrong x

Thanks for your response.

With regard to the how long they may last between the Rhinestone and the Rose Cut crystal, let me me explain what I am referring to.

I would like to set them in a way so that I don't need a top coat. I know there is a post going now with all this informaiton on, and a Geek was saying with the Rose Cut being more like a pyramid shape that you can wait a few seconds to let the resin/gel or Shellac slide down before setting. This holds in in place without the need to use topcoat etc.

So I was thinking because the rhinestone is flatter then the crystal im after, that perhaps it may give me a false illusion of it not lasting while practicing yet on the crystals it would.

I hope that makes sense!

Yes it does make sense lol

My students practice with non Swarovski crystals first:D

Try one hand or foot with top coat and one without to judge wearability and then take it from there

I have someone ask me to apply crystals never done this. I use shellac, how do you apply?!
I'm thinking base, light colour (French colour) crystals then topcoat.

I have someone ask me to apply crystals never done this. I use shellac, how do you apply?!
I'm thinking base, light colour (French colour) crystals then topcoat.

There is a thread running which has all the details on regarding the different applications.

You will find the CND Shellac Top coat will dull the 'bling' from Swarovski Crystals. You will either need to set in the Top Coat and use Resin or Gel and use ECO Universal Top Coat which I believe doesn't dull the sparkle.

I however am still in the 'playing' stage and experimenting with Gel, Resin and Shellac but first I im practicing with out putting a top coat over the crystals

There is a thread running which has all the details on regarding the different applications.

You will find the CND Shellac Top coat will dull the 'bling' from Swarovski Crystals. You will either need to set in the Top Coat and use Resin or Gel and use ECO Universal Top Coat which I believe doesn't dull the sparkle.

I however am still in the 'playing' stage and experimenting with Gel, Resin and Shellac but first I im practicing with out putting a top coat over the crystals

Where do you get the resin from and how does it work? And also what about the Eco universal top coat. Do I purchase them all from the same place? I've only ever used shellac to do them so would like to try different options. Thanks x

Latest posts

Back