Swaroski Crystals - How many roughly?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi there

Im keen to start offering Swaroski Crystal Pedicures and I have been reading through a tonne of previous posts on this subject.

However I still haven't found my answer!

Im interested in using these: Factory Pack Xilion Rose Enhanced Crystals Style 2058 SS5 Non-Hotfix Crystal

I notice these are SS5, and I think it was Baggybear or another geek that you might need to use SS7. Are SS5 bigger then SS7?

Also how many crystals roughly are needed for each big toe?
How many roughly needed to encrust on the 4 little toes on each foot?

I just need to know some rough figures so I know how many to buy so I can work out my cost for each service etc.

Any help would be great.

NB One final note with these crystals I think I am right in saying because of how they are cut that the Shellac/Gel or Resin (whichever using) when appled over the top and left to settle for a few seconds will not dull the sparkle?

Which method does everyone use? Which is most popular?

The higher the number the bigger the size of the crystals.

Depends on size of the nail as to how many u need. I've done my big toe with about 30-40 but again depends on the style u go for and nail size.

I did mine with a crystal fade using different size stones from ss5, ss6 to ss8 and have about 15 on the big toe

I always just lay in my TIO as I have noticed they do lose a bit of sparkle I always move them about then set them in position just to make sure the bottom of them is fully covered in TIO then put in lamp.

Hths

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345032271.620776.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1345032271.620776.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 330
The higher the number the bigger the size of the crystals.

Depends on size of the nail as to how many u need. I've done my big toe with about 30-40 but again depends on the style u go for and nail size.

I did mine with a crystal fade using different size stones from ss5, ss6 to ss8 and have about 15 on the big toe

I always just lay in my TIO as I have noticed they do lose a bit of sparkle I always move them about then set them in position just to make sure the bottom of them is fully covered in TIO then put in lamp.

Hths

These are stunning. You have inspired me to give these a go :) Off to order some crystals now :) Do you cure the TIO before applying the crystals or after, do you apply a coat over or find that it can dull the crystals? Thanks xx

Thanku very much.

I put TIO on first before curing put crystals on move around abit to ensure bottom of the crystal is covered in TIO then cure once in position.

I got the idea from another thread but adapted it to my own style. They are sooooo pretty and blingy pictures never do nails justice.

Thanks for all the replies and information.

Can I also ask how much would you charge for EACH crystal? Say if someone wanted just one placed on the side of a tip for a French Mani?

Thanks

Thanks for all the replies and information.

Can I also ask how much would you charge for EACH crystal? Say if someone wanted just one placed on the side of a tip for a French Mani?

Thanks
Work out what they cost you and then make sure you will get a profit.

So for example if you paid £50 for 1440 then the crystals would be 0.0347 so round that up to 4p and then make sure your getting a profit so I'd say anything between 5p & 10p would be acceptable.

Work out what they cost you and then make sure you will get a profit.

So for example if you paid £50 for 1440 then the crystals would be 0.0347 so round that up to 4p and then make sure your getting a profit so I'd say anything between 5p & 10p would be acceptable.

Brilliant thank you so much for that info, I'm on my mobile so I can't heart you so : **heart this**

Brilliant thank you so much for that info, I'm on my mobile so I can't heart you so : **heart this**
Remember that my figures are fictional so you need to do the same maths with your actual product costs :wink2:.

I just did my toes with SS7's in a mixture of gold tones (I like that look - I know some people aren't keen!). I applied directly to the nail plate with GelBond, no minx/glitter as a base.

I used 73 crystals on one foot, 75 on the other. And I think they look just fine -except for my mangled feet (too many high heels!).

If you compare the cost of using 150 crystals per set to using 700 per set - it makes a whacking great big difference! Swarovski crystals are not cheap!

I don't know - I guess it all depends on what YOUR customers like/want and are willing to pay! In my area prices are insanely low :-(

Attachments

• Sparkle toes.jpg
    Sparkle toes.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 698
I just did my toes with SS7's in a mixture of gold tones (I like that look - I know some people aren't keen!). I applied directly to the nail plate with GelBond, no minx/glitter as a base.

I used 73 crystals on one foot, 75 on the other. And I think they look just fine -except for my mangled feet (too many high heels!).

If you compare the cost of using 150 crystals per set to using 700 per set - it makes a whacking great big difference! Swarovski crystals are not cheap!

I don't know - I guess it all depends on what YOUR customers like/want and are willing to pay! In my area prices are insanely low :-(

They are stunning. I haven't seen any gold pedicures yet but I WANT! Xxx

your point is valid, and your pedi is lovely:)

however you also need to consider that it isn't only the cost/amount of crystals used that should determine what size you buy, but also the size of the nails!

I have quite a few ladies that ss7 crystals just wouldn't work for. Even ss5 can be unsuitable for some despite being the smallest size with a range of coloured crystals. I personally prefer to stock the smaller size to ensure as many people as possible can benefit from the service.

(And I buy ss3 clear crystals for myself. My toes are ridiculously dinky xx )

Last edited:
Twinkle Tips I have to be honest and say that I don't think your toes look as nice as they would in smaller crystals especially your 4 small toes.

You may well love them and that is your choice just like some people love big chunky jewelery and others like the more dainty look :Love:.

I prefer the neater look of the smaller crystals so that is what I supply and I have plenty of happy clients.

I like the LOOK of the small crystals too, but for me - there is no way I could charge the kind of money required to make a profit round here. It's very annoying! Charging more than 20 quid for a set of acrylics/gels is hard enough.

And really - these Swarovskis are just ones I had leftover from crystallising phones and shoes. I have thousands upon thousands of them - so I am putting them to good use :) I think they look nice enough (although very BLING!), they are evenly spaced, with no big gaps. Just a shame my little toe is practically non existent after I dropped something on it years ago!

SS7 definitely wouldn't work for manicures though.

It's all personal preference.

I personally really like the look of mixed sized and colours used together! I wouldn't just have my big toe nail Swarovski-d, yet I would have an accent finger nail with crystals! So everyone's tastes are different!

You have to be happy with the work you are sending out at the end of the day. If you think bigger crystals look naff - don't use 'em!

There is a MUCH cheaper alternative to Swarovskis too, which is worth considering. Equally sparkly, but don't have the universally known brand recognition of Swarovski: Preciosa - Czech crystals.

HTH

x

Latest posts

Back