Swarvoski pedicure how many crystals?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexnailnewbie

Reaction score
Hiya,
I'm just about to place an order with scatter crystals for these;

Pk 100 Xilion Rose Enhanced Flatback Crystals Style 2058 SS5 Non-Hotfix Crystal AB

I have never used Swarvoski before and would like to buy some to practice. Could someone tell me roughly how many crystals they use for a big toe please as i am not sure if 100 will be enough.
I have gone for size ss5 as on a few threads this seems to be a popular size.

Thanks in advance.

It really depends on the size of the toe and how close together you want to put them. I would say you have enough for 2 big toes.

Go with the 1440 factory packs they are better value. And that amount together in the packet oh they look so dreamy :)

Vicki x

Oh great i will have a look at those then :) thank you
:hug:

In my opinion 100 wil not be enough to do 2 big toes.

I have given estimates on here before and I always say to allow anything upwards of 120 SS5 for the 2 big toes. This will of course depend on the length and width of the toenails.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/161135-crystal-manicure-pedicure.html

I'm sort of with baggybear, 100 will not be enough for 2 big toes.

I've got 1.5mm stones & used 76 on my thumb (it's not like a mans thumb or anything), you'd be surprised just how many you do use.

Just to be safe, I'd order 2 maybe 3 packs.

Thank you for the thread Baggybear it's great. Wonda I agree with you, Ive been looking at a few pics and to be honest i didn't think that many crystals would be needed. But hey you learn something new every day :) Would you say Scatter Crystals is the best place to buy them?

I just counted the SS5 swarovski's on my big toe nail for you :)
106 ! and that is on ONE toe :)

I just counted the SS5 swarovski's on my big toe nail for you :)
106 ! and that is on ONE toe :)

Aww thank you :) i am just going to order the factory packs. I think i am going to get through a lot practicing so better safe than sorry. Am i right in thinking i can place them onto Gelish and cure.

I find when placing gems of this size, put a very thin layer of TIO wherever your going to put the gem.
I use the pointy end of an orange stick lightly dabbed in TIO to pick the gem up, place onto the nail, repeat if using more than 1 gem.
Then cure.

Then go over the whole nail & cured gems with another layer (sometimes 2) of TIO ensuring there's a seal around the gems so they don't go flying off.

Hope this helps.

that's great thank you :)

How much would you charge for this? Xx

On toes I set them into soak off gel and seal with a gel top coat, CND gelbond works a treat too ;)

I'm new here and was wondering what is TIO? I would love to try these. I use EzFlow Gel it and TruGel. Can I try it still with TruGel? X

Stands for top it off the Gelish top coat xx

Ahhh I see :) Thanks for explaining xx

Latest posts

Back