Pregnancy cravings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine were

Cravings......ICE LOLLYS or STEAK n CHIPS

Stretchmarks.......DIDNT GET ONE yay

Bottle or Breast.....BOTTLE for sure.....get the old man involved from day one and me back on the vino, spicy food etc....and dont all shoot me BUT....all my friends who bottle fed....nice happy contented full up babies.....all my friends who breast fed.....screaming, unsetteled babies, waking for feed on demand,sore boobs.....eeek im not trying to put anyone off...or 'diss' breast feeding but NOT FOR ME !

amb x

Alex Fox said:
Breast all the way...

Palmers stretch mark cream from Tesco is fabulous

I crave anything that is food - although if it's sweet and big then it's at the top of the list

this week - duck liver pate on ryvita

last week - cream cakes

week before - cornish vanilla ice cream

week before that - Tiramsu

And to start with a whole massive Tesco finest strawberry trifle and I do not share any of it!

Nothing weird - it's just I don't normally have a sweet tooth

Always garnished with about 5 Tums tablets to cope...

Alexxxxxxxx

oh my god how could i forget about the heartburn, my huge bottle of gaviscon and extra strong mints were never more than 2 feet away from me. that and the prune juice but i wont go into that one!!

laneypants said:
oh my god how could i forget about the heartburn, my huge bottle of gaviscon and extra strong mints were never more than 2 feet away from me. that and the prune juice but i wont go into that one!!

Ive just started with the Gaviscon! I am now in to pork scratchings wich drives my dog crazy and makes him make puddles of drool on my wooden floor...mmm nice! :lick:

MINKUS said:
Mine were

Cravings......ICE LOLLYS or STEAK n CHIPS

Stretchmarks.......DIDNT GET ONE yay

Bottle or Breast.....BOTTLE for sure.....get the old man involved from day one and me back on the vino, spicy food etc....and dont all shoot me BUT....all my friends who bottle fed....nice happy contented full up babies.....all my friends who breast fed.....screaming, unsetteled babies, waking for feed on demand,sore boobs.....eeek im not trying to put anyone off...or 'diss' breast feeding but NOT FOR ME !

amb x

Thats more or less what I have witnessed... so you are another pro for me deciding to bottle feed! :)

pinkmummy said:
I didn't get mine out for any of my three and it's done them no harm.
I have excema, & was told if I didn't breastfeed my children could have it as well. 3 lots of bottles and not one of them has.
I have two strapping boys, the eldest at 13 is taller than me. My daughter is tall for her age but quite slender, (I'm only jealous), but all very healthy.
Breastfeeding is great if that's what you want to do, and if it doesn't leave you completely drained with a baby attached 24/7, but if it's not for you don't let anyone make you feel bad.:hug:

Thanks chica! :)

oh yeah... I am never 2ft away from a pack of gaviscon, I have them in every room and my handbag. The guy at boots who served me with them told me I shouldn't be using them for more than 2 wks..... :biggrin: 9 months more like...:wink2:

my cravings were a very long time ago, but.......... when i was preggers with my eldest daughter, it was mars bars (i cant stand them now) with my son it was...wait for it...cooking apples, sliced with a huge dollop of picallily on them (how gross is that) and with my youngest daugter it was chinese (chow mein) dont like that now either

"What did you apply for your stretch marks? Did it work??"

I use palmers cocoa stretch mark cream and with only four weeks to go I think it may have worked as I don't have any. The ultrasonographer who scanned me on Monday commented on that too so I would definitely recomment it.

As for cravings. I am going through six litres of ginger beer a week, chip shop mince pie and chips and wotsit crisps. The hubby is sick to death of me as I have to drink the ginger beer out of the bottle and usually during the night so all he hears is glug, glug, glug, burp and then a while later I'm off to the loo. Sorry I suppose there's a bit too much information here! LOL

I craved sausages, rice, pasta, noodles & chocolate, not all at once lol!! That was with both pregnancies!! With the second one i couldn't get enough of Mars bars & knickerbocker ice-creams made hubby buy loads of both sent him out a few times at silly times of the night lol!! Hated the smell of burnt toast & coffee though through both pregancies!!
Re: breast 'v' bottles I breast fed both mine, had to stop at just over 2 weeks with first son then had to go on bottles, as went on strong pain killers for my migraines which couldn't be taken whilst breast-feeding. I was really gutted. I breast-fed for 6 mths with my second but stopped then as he cut his first teeth at 4 1/2 mths & after the 3rd bitting thought it was time to stop. :Scared: :!: :biggrin:
I did get some stretch marks on my tummy & top of legs, used baby lotion & that cocoa pregnancy cream daily but it didn't really work the cocoa one i stopped as it made me itch on my tummy, they're very faint though, but i'm really proud of them as they represent my boys & me being a mum!! The one on my tummy looks like a tree, The tree of life you could say lol!!!:biggrin:

wyliekit88 said:
"What did you apply for your stretch marks? Did it work??"

I use palmers cocoa stretch mark cream and with only four weeks to go I think it may have worked as I don't have any. The ultrasonographer who scanned me on Monday commented on that too so I would definitely recomment it.

As for cravings. I am going through six litres of ginger beer a week, chip shop mince pie and chips and wotsit crisps. The hubby is sick to death of me as I have to drink the ginger beer out of the bottle and usually during the night so all he hears is glug, glug, glug, burp and then a while later I'm off to the loo. Sorry I suppose there's a bit too much information here! LOL

I'm on the canada dry..... it helps prevents sickness as do ginger biscuits, dont think I'll ever touch either ever again though! lol!

Pickle said:
Hiya,

I was just wondering what everyones pregnancy cravings were. Or anyone new of anyone with odd ones?

Mine is crisps at the moment...bags and bags of them, any flavour. I have about 7 packs a day. The other day I ran out and there was a stale pack of ready salted McCoys in the cupboard and...yes I ate them....Yum!:o

Also pancakes with maple syrup, squirty cream and bananas!!!:o :o :o

Also does anyone know:
1. Good stretch mark preventative?
2. Breast or bottle?

Hi Pickle... only just saw this... I was addicted to Sun Valley Chicken Kievs for about 4 weeks... those and oranges... it's all I wanted!! Imagine:eek: i muat have smelled like a giant garlic clove. With Dexter all I wanted was sponge pudding and custard!! I never eat stuff like that normally...

As to questions 1 & 2... I used Solar Oil on my tummy and I breast feb both (1 for 6 months, 1 for 3). That at least got my tummy back-in-order. :hug:

Mrs Geek said:
As to questions 1 & 2... I used Solar Oil on my tummy and I breast feb both (1 for 6 months, 1 for 3). That at least got my tummy back-in-order. :hug:

Did the solar oil help the stretch marks?

Well I like many of you ate Ice cubes by the bucket load, also I craved satsumas, raw carrots (at least a bag a day) and Tomato Soup (which I hated before and have done since!) Also I just wanted to eat and eat and eat. I had terrible sickness throughout and the only thing that seemed to make it bearable was to keep shovelling the food in :eek: 5 Stone later I certainly regretted that though!

Mine cravings were mainly fast food...I ate loads of KFC!!!
I got a few stretchmarks in the last week of pregnancy and throughout was using Body shop I think it was called cocoa butter something ? My sis in law recommended it.
After I bought scar reduction patches from Boots which hospitals use to fade scars. Ther were very pricy but sooo worth it the red stretchmarks faded to almost nothing in a few weeks. I was pleased with the results.

Latest posts

Back