Prices for weekend nails using Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abicrunch

Reaction score
Hi
I wonder if someone can help me. I have been trailing the threads looking for prices for weekend nails using shellac.

I have read that you can apply tips and blend, then add base and top coat shellac and call these weekend/party nails. What sort of price do you think that you can charge for these. I was thinking that I could even apply white tips to give the french look with even a coat of negligee before the topcoat. I only charge £25 for a full set of pink and whites at the moment as want to build up my client base first.

What do people think about £15 for these, they should take that long, say 45 mins to 1 hour. Alot less than I take at the moment.

Thanks in advance. Abi

Hi
I wonder if someone can help me. I have been trailing the threads looking for prices for weekend nails using shellac.

I have read that you can apply tips and blend, then add base and top coat shellac and call these weekend/party nails. What sort of price do you think that you can charge for these. I was thinking that I could even apply white tips to give the french look with even a coat of negligee before the topcoat. I only charge £25 for a full set of pink and whites at the moment as want to build up my client base first.

What do people think about £15 for these, they should take that long, say 45 mins to 1 hour. Alot less than I take at the moment.

Thanks in advance. Abi

Don't get mad at me for speaking my mind OK?? 25.00 for a full set of CND enhancements is just a crazy silly price.

The way to build up the type of clientèle you want is not by going cheap!!! It is just plain nuts to do what you are doing and it will only hold you back. You will attract cheap clients and then when you want to go up market where you should be, you will loose them and have to start all over again to attract the more discerning clients who like to pay for quality. One day ..trust me.. you will write to me and say, "you know what Geeg you were absolutely right."

I can't advise you about your Shellac price as I have the feeling you will not listen. My normal price for a Shellac manicure with no tips is 25.00 and they are queuing up for it.

Save yourself the pain and agony later and start charging now realistically for the quality products you are using

I think £15 is too cheap- i do a shellac manicure without tips for £20- and i think thats even too cheap!

xx

Don't get mad at me for speaking my mind OK?? 25.00 for a full set of CND enhancements is just a crazy silly price.

The way to build up the type of clientèle you want is not by going cheap!!! It is just plain nuts to do what you are doing and it will only hold you back. You will attract cheap clients and then when you want to go up market where you should be, you will loose them and have to start all over again to attract the more discerning clients who like to pay for quality. One day ..trust me.. you will write to me and say, "you know what Geeg you were absolutely right."

I can't advise you about your Shellac price as I have the feeling you will not listen. My normal price for a Shellac manicure with no tips is 25.00 and they are queuing up for it.

Save yourself the pain and agony later and start charging now realistically for the quality products you are using

:o I have to admit I'm guilty of this too :o
But do you think it is still reasonable to charge much higher prices when i take 2.5hrs on a set of forever french? And even then i'm not entirely happy with them?

I charge around £30 for L&P tips, which I personally think is fairly reasonable and I have had feedback from people saying that they think it is a fair price. I am just starting out, but as Geeg says if you start out cheap it is harder to increase prices - especially for clients who are used to paying lower prices.

IMHO, I wouldn't use Shellac for weekend nails. Polish will certainly last two to three days on weekend nails.

I get what you are saying about cheaper prices...however what I do is offer a half price full set ($25) as an introductory offer for new clients just to get them in the door...I want them to see the difference in my salon as opposed to the low quality salons that use low grade products...I feel as though I have to offer that because i am surrounded by these low quality salons...there are literally 5 of them with in 2 miles of me...I want them to see the difference in the quality of not only my work but my customer service....you get what you pay for!!! If they dont stay then oh well at least I tried...Its worth me giving a discount on their first visit if they end up coming to me every two weeks.

Hi Geeg, I wont get mad because I know what you are saying is correct, and justine my educator told me I was too cheap, but the problem is my nails really do look lovely but I still take 2.5 hours to do a full set of pink and whites. I just cant seem to get my time down, which is why I am cheap. Also there are a couple of salons in my area that always seem to do specials for £25 so wanted to get people in my door. Was thinking that I could do a price increase once I build up my clientelle and get faster to £30 which is more reasonable. Also when I said £15 for weekend shellac nails I thought just file, cuticle and shellac rather spending too much on the manicure side, my luxury mani is £18 so thought about charging £10 more shellac on top so thats £28 and if you just wanted mini mani then full shellac with no tips was gonna charge £22. Have spent days trying to decide on prices and really dont know what to do. Any help would be appreciated. I was only going to charge £15 for weekend nails because surely people wont want to pay much more for nails that will only last the weekend will they. What are people finding, will people pay more for weekend nails then. Your advice will be helpful, as im new to this. Thanks. Abi

IMHO, I wouldn't use Shellac for weekend nails. Polish will certainly last two to three days on weekend nails.

I thought that polish wouldnt really last on a tip as there is no strength which is what I want to offer as not everyone has lovely long nails, but just wanted something quick and cheaper for people that dont want to keep them on, rather than me spend all my time and hard work for them to want them soaked off in a few days. Thanks. Abi

:o I have to admit I'm guilty of this too :o
But do you think it is still reasonable to charge much higher prices when i take 2.5hrs on a set of forever french? And even then i'm not entirely happy with them?

Hi
I know how you feel, I just cant seem to get my time down, which is why im cheaper. I will increase my prices once I get a bit faster, maybe down to 2 hours would be great. Roll on the day that this happens. I will be so happy. :D

I think £15 is too cheap- i do a shellac manicure without tips for £20- and i think thats even too cheap!

xx

Hi im not saying do a full mini mani with shellac, meaning base, 2 coats of colour then top coat, just maybe base and topcoat on top of tips, obviously there is no strength there so thats why I called them weekend nails because they wont last long. I would probably charge £22 for complete shellac manicure. Thanks. Abi

Lots of salons in my area are much cheaper than me. Yet im still booked up. Some are even half my price! You've trained hard and spent good money. whack those prices up! I take 2 hours to do a full set. Sometimes longer if im faced with challenging nails.
I can understand how you are feeling but Its definately harder to put your prices up after you've had them set so low. It will also result in clients going elsewhere. And not attracting 'long term' clients. which is what you will need for business to survive!

Ive recently trained in nouveau lashes, and did exactly the same as you. Thought i wasnt good enough to charge full price. I returned for my case studies and graduation and was told to immediately put my prices up. My lashes were good enough, i just lacked confidence and was being a perfectionist.

Are you already offering for shellac? :hug:

Lots of salons in my area are much cheaper than me. Yet im still booked up. Some are even half my price! You've trained hard and spent good money. whack those prices up! I take 2 hours to do a full set. Sometimes longer if im faced with challenging nails.
I can understand how you are feeling but Its definately harder to put your prices up after you've had them set so low. It will also result in clients going elsewhere. And not attracting 'long term' clients. which is what you will need for business to survive!

Ive recently trained in nouveau lashes, and did exactly the same as you. Thought i wasnt good enough to charge full price. I returned for my case studies and graduation and was told to immediately put my prices up. My lashes were good enough, i just lacked confidence and was being a perfectionist.

Are you already offering for shellac? :hug:

Hi
Yes its defiately true what you are saying, maybe I should think again about my prices. I havent got shellac yet, was gonna order it today but cant bloody believfe my luck t6he new cnd lamp is out of stock til middle of june and my fav tutti fruti and fedora is out of stock til end of june. I could cry. I really wanted to get started with shellac. :(

Hi
Yes its defiately true what you are saying, maybe I should think again about my prices. I havent got shellac yet, was gonna order it today but cant bloody believfe my luck t6he new cnd lamp is out of stock til middle of june and my fav tutti fruti and fedora is out of stock til end of june. I could cry. I really wanted to get started with shellac. :(

Sorry, but with something as big as Shellac ... you snooze you loose!!! I know that's not funny hun but honestly even though 3 times as much as they thought was needed was ordered ... it still was not enough. June is not very far away is it? you Just need a little patience in the meantime.

I think Shellac is far too good for a weekend nail. I use popits with tips for weekend/special occasion nails. I can do them in 45 mins easily and even though i make no promises they usually last 3 weeks and my clients love to tell me and their friends this so they are perfect holiday nails as well.The prep takes me longer than the application and there is very little finishing so I can charge £20 and introduce them into other things I do which are growing by the minute x

Sorry, but with something as big as Shellac ... you snooze you loose!!! I know that's not funny hun but honestly even though 3 times as much as they thought was needed was ordered ... it still was not enough. June is not very far away is it? you Just need a little patience in the meantime.

Hi

yes I know junes not that far away but I cant wait to get my hands on it. Have been saving and selling everything that is surplus to me to pay for it, I wish I had got it when it first come out. It must be so popular. Roll on june when it comes in. Im so excited. :D

I think Shellac is far too good for a weekend nail. I use popits with tips for weekend/special occasion nails. I can do them in 45 mins easily and even though i make no promises they usually last 3 weeks and my clients love to tell me and their friends this so they are perfect holiday nails as well.The prep takes me longer than the application and there is very little finishing so I can charge £20 and introduce them into other things I do which are growing by the minute x

I wish I could do poppits, I have tried them but they are so hard. Do you have to cut each nail round the cuticle to fit each person.

Can you tell me what popits are?

I wish I could do poppits, I have tried them but they are so hard. Do you have to cut each nail round the cuticle to fit each person.
I have a box ready I've already cut.I use nail clippers and take the "corner" off at the cuticle end of the popit, I find this saves a lot of time and gives a better fit hth x

Latest posts

Back