Prices for weekend nails using Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok - Im going to say it

I charge A full set of CND tips and overlay (NOT including French) €82,- (+5,- French) - I know staggering isnt it - but yet hold on ....
a refill costs €56,- (+5,- french)
Now - I live in Austria - Ok there are not as many nail salons here... yet. But this is my philosophy ... Take a refill - it takes me 1hr approx (+15 mins for french all in)
thats €56, Brutto
- minus tax @ 20%
- minus cost price of product
- minus overheads (rent, advertising, electricity etc.etc)
what does that work out at per hour netto? not a lot my dears.. not a lot..as we all know there are hours where we dust and clean instead of filing, curing and cashing up;)
put simply - I personally would not work for any less!! There would be no point all I would be doing is indulging in a hobby - and remember it remains that .. a HOBBY unless it makes money. I have invested my time and money into training - let the others charge less - I charge what I think is fair for me and the customer and let me tell you this I have after 2 years a heavy book of regulars who come to me regularly for refills every 4 - 6 weeks (not every 2-3) - they pay a fair price for an exceptional service and they know it - thats why they keep coming back!
Shellac - Im bringing this to Austria as of June - (it will come but Ive been told end of september ) ''you snooze - you loose'' yep Geeg you're so-so right ! So Im flying to Ireland and taking a course , buying my product and coming back to make a hell of a taking on this FAB product for summer 2010 - how much will I charge? I don't really know yet - but if its cuticle work & file & Shellac then Im thinking in the region of 30€ upwards - if its a full manicure and shellac itll cost upwards 40€ - for me it depends on time & my time is money.
Never undersell yourself - know your worth - if you don't - why should anyone else choose you over the competition.
:D
Cait xx

Hi
I wonder if someone can help me. I have been trailing the threads looking for prices for weekend nails using shellac.

Weekend nails should last a weekend.... Shellac should last 2 weeks on natural nails
Use polish on the weekend nails - its cheaper for you - it would be a shame to use up all that fab shellac on nails that only will last a weekend:) hth

Weekend nails should last a weekend.... Shellac should last 2 weeks on natural nails
Use polish on the weekend nails - its cheaper for you - it would be a shame to use up all that fab shellac on nails that only will last a weekend:) hth

Thanks for your reply but I mean weekend nails with nail tips, you cant just put polish over tips as they wont last the day, which is why peoploe have suggested puting a base and top coat over the tips and calling them weekend nails as they wont last long. :D

Well I do use polish on my weekend over tips and they last the weekend
I do however cure one layer of brisa gel without bonder before hand -this is still cheaper than using Shellac I think ?
Cait x

Well I do use polish on my weekend over tips and they last the weekend
I do however cure one layer of brisa gel without bonder before hand -this is still cheaper than using Shellac I think ?
Cait x

Hi

Thanks for that, thats a good idea, never thought about doing that, I will give that a try with one coat of brisa gel. Thanks. Abi

Thanks for your reply but I mean weekend nails with nail tips, you cant just put polish over tips as they wont last the day, which is why peoploe have suggested puting a base and top coat over the tips and calling them weekend nails as they wont last long. :D

Hi, polish will last the weekend on tips. You would apply your tips, do all the finishing of them, then apply base coat, color coats and a top coat. It WILL last.

Good luck! :)

I must say that I used to pay £40 for a set of Star Nails Silk extensions and then when the salon shut down and the girl went self employed she charged £30 a set. I was looking at charging £30 for a full set of L&P and Silk extensions and using CND products. Do you think this is too cheap?

I get what you are saying about cheaper prices...however what I do is offer a half price full set ($25) as an introductory offer for new clients just to get them in the door...I want them to see the difference in my salon as opposed to the low quality salons that use low grade products...I feel as though I have to offer that because i am surrounded by these low quality salons...there are literally 5 of them with in 2 miles of me...I want them to see the difference in the quality of not only my work but my customer service....you get what you pay for!!! If they dont stay then oh well at least I tried...Its worth me giving a discount on their first visit if they end up coming to me every two weeks.

People get sick of bad salons though eventually and when they do discover a good one, either themselves or via word of mouth. They are impressed :)

Ok - Im going to say it

I charge A full set of CND tips and overlay (NOT including French) €82,- (+5,- French) - I know staggering isnt it - but yet hold on ....
a refill costs €56,- (+5,- french)
Now - I live in Austria - Ok there are not as many nail salons here... yet. But this is my philosophy ... Take a refill - it takes me 1hr approx (+15 mins for french all in)
thats €56, Brutto
- minus tax @ 20%
- minus cost price of product
- minus overheads (rent, advertising, electricity etc.etc)
what does that work out at per hour netto? not a lot my dears.. not a lot..as we all know there are hours where we dust and clean instead of filing, curing and cashing up;)
put simply - I personally would not work for any less!! There would be no point all I would be doing is indulging in a hobby - and remember it remains that .. a HOBBY unless it makes money. I have invested my time and money into training - let the others charge less - I charge what I think is fair for me and the customer and let me tell you this I have after 2 years a heavy book of regulars who come to me regularly for refills every 4 - 6 weeks (not every 2-3) - they pay a fair price for an exceptional service and they know it - thats why they keep coming back!
Shellac - Im bringing this to Austria as of June - (it will come but Ive been told end of september ) ''you snooze - you loose'' yep Geeg you're so-so right ! So Im flying to Ireland and taking a course , buying my product and coming back to make a hell of a taking on this FAB product for summer 2010 - how much will I charge? I don't really know yet - but if its cuticle work & file & Shellac then Im thinking in the region of 30€ upwards - if its a full manicure and shellac itll cost upwards 40€ - for me it depends on time & my time is money.
Never undersell yourself - know your worth - if you don't - why should anyone else choose you over the competition.
:D
Cait xx

Forgive my ignorance but how much is that in UK Sterling. xx

Sorry, but why should the poster have to work it out in Sterling for us? Do we convert to €€€'s for others or Aussie dollars or US dollars ... no.

It's pretty easy to convert it yourself or get google to do it for you.

Forgive my ignorance but how much is that in UK Sterling. xx

The pound is weak at the mo, just got back from a jolly in Ibiza & got only just over a euro to the pound. As rough guessimate with the current currency conversion rates €1 = £1 - rubbish really & makes those lovely cocktails at Cafe Del Mar at sunset even more expensive!

The pound is weak at the mo, just got back from a jolly in Ibiza & got only just over a euro to the pound. As rough guessimate with the current currency conversion rates €1 = £1 - rubbish really & makes those lovely cocktails at Cafe Del Mar at sunset even more expensive!

I've never used the Euro :o but Geeg is right, I should have converted it myself. Thanks anyway hun. x

I have bent over backwards for a client, given her money off (because she was a friends friend) gone to her house to do her nails to save her the bus and taxi fair) dropped her off when she has come to me by bus etc etc
She reqested a certain colour blend we had done before and is now saying( after a week ) she hates them and thinks she should have a refund!!!
Moral of the story... Gigi is right; Cheap clients v Discerning clients

Since Shellac came out I have sold it as a premium product its £25 and thats it, no discount and I have built the most amazing client base from it.
happy happy happy....

Don't get mad at me for speaking my mind OK?? 25.00 for a full set of CND enhancements is just a crazy silly price.

The way to build up the type of clientèle you want is not by going cheap!!! It is just plain nuts to do what you are doing and it will only hold you back. You will attract cheap clients and then when you want to go up market where you should be, you will loose them and have to start all over again to attract the more discerning clients who like to pay for quality. One day ..trust me.. you will write to me and say, "you know what Geeg you were absolutely right."

I can't advise you about your Shellac price as I have the feeling you will not listen. My normal price for a Shellac manicure with no tips is 25.00 and they are queuing up for it.

Save yourself the pain and agony later and start charging now realistically for the quality products you are using

FOOD FOR THOUGHT:

What do you charge for a regular natural manicure? And then how long does it take for a client to chip it or scratch it or whatever?
I have not seen a natural manicure that lasted beyond a week without SOME KIND of mark.

Shellac......... lasts 2wks or more before it needs removal and WITHOUT A MARK.. only shows the regrowth if you've used colour (a french may not show as much).
Soooo instead of a client paying for 2 or 3 or more natural manicures because their nails need doing every week or more... they pay for ONE that is as valuable IF NOT MORE SO in terms of looks/quality of 2 or more natural manicures.....

{2(or more) x regular manicure costs} + 2 (or more) tips = ?
1 x Shellac + tip................

Do the math...........

The client will save money and TIME that she doesn't have to spend travelling to and from your salon, less gas money in travel too, she'll spend less on tips.....

AND SHE WILL THANK YOU FOR IT!

Don't get mad at me for speaking my mind OK?? 25.00 for a full set of CND enhancements is just a crazy silly price.

The way to build up the type of clientèle you want is not by going cheap!!! It is just plain nuts to do what you are doing and it will only hold you back. You will attract cheap clients and then when you want to go up market where you should be, you will loose them and have to start all over again to attract the more discerning clients who like to pay for quality. One day ..trust me.. you will write to me and say, "you know what Geeg you were absolutely right."

I can't advise you about your Shellac price as I have the feeling you will not listen. My normal price for a Shellac manicure with no tips is 25.00 and they are queuing up for it.

Save yourself the pain and agony later and start charging now realistically for the quality products you are using
Oh I sooo agree with this...... You have to value your service and your worth and think of the cost and time it takes.. stand your ground...

Latest posts

Back