Pricing Up Mobile Work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

therapies

Reaction score
I have a world champion sports personality on my books who i treat weekly (block bookings-sports remedial massage) and have done for sometime.

I charge locally five pound per hour on top of my regular fees going mobile to cover fuel costs for any of the treatments i offer, but this client comes to me at the therapy centre each week and has asked about mobile for a change.

However, my sports champ client has asked if i would travel to work with him at his events outside of my town at quite a distance.
How do I go about pricing something like that up? its not as easy as a straight forward five pound on top :|, I said I will let him know..

I know he has some major events coming up soon and abroad.
thanks everyone

You might be better to bump this thread up later this evening hun when most of the peeps are home from work and playing on here :wink2:
that way it will get seen by more of us and there is a strong chance that someone will have previous experience of this type of work and be able to give you a qualified answer hth

I would personally work out an hourly charge. :hug:

Not sure if this would be any help but I have clients that are care cabin crew (airline) and they take a basic set wage eg £12,000 then when they are flying they get paid per hour from the point they check in, to when they check out.
for example they check-in at Gatwick fly to USA, stay for 5 days then check-out. they get paid per hour for that trip. Now the per hour might only be £2.20 but they are getting paid the whole time they are away.
So you could have a set amount eg £80 and then charge £2.50 per hour on top.
Hope you can understand what i mean.

What treatment is it you offer, massage? Just trying to help in terms of pricing. I think it is usually around £30 - £40 an hour

Last edited:
Sorry I should have explained I would work out an hourly charge if you are being his personal masseuse and therefore at his service. Otherwise I would charge a travel fee (due to not being able to work on other clients while traveling) plus the treatment cost.

Yes weezie me too I would also charge a travel and fuel fee on top if it took me a while to get there.

Thanks everyone for your help:hug:
I normally charge 30 for sports remedial work for the hour, but charge him 25 the hour as he books two-three times per week. with him being a professional he can claim alot back anyway on non taxable expenses. Thats what i charge him to come to me at the centre. He is thinking about having me a long at some of his tournaments that are all over the UK thats why its been a bit difficult for me to put a price on it :rolleyes:. Its an awkward one this lol.

think about building in fees for staying away from home too (in addition to costs - meals hotel,travel) as being away will also reduce your time to do support work for the remainder of your business.
well done that he obviously values your work so much

It's a shame you reduced the price for your treatments as you are doing the same work every time he comes in! He's lucky to have you. Just charge a fair price. He would hate to think you were doing yourself out of profits because of him I am sure. :hug: Don't think of it as personal think of it as business (I'm guilty of this one myself!). Quote him a fair price and he can decide whether he is happy to pay it or not. If not then maybe you can offer a compromise but he will probably not be thinking about the price himself, he just wants your services! You will be surprised I'm sure :)

this site is great, thanks everyone, you have been a great help:hug:

I will never be loaded in this business, sometimes im just too nice for my own good haha :rolleyes::)

Latest posts

Back