Prickly heat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always have Hawaiian Tropic green aloe after sun gel in. It really cools and takes away the prickly heat. Used to suffer badly both here and abroad but since I started used this, I've never had it again.

My hubby gets this, especially when he is hot and sweating with sun cream on. I always treat it with acupuncture and it works a treat. Seems to calm it down really quickly and stops it from coming back.
If you are plagued by it, a local acupuncturist should be able to help ( Make sure they are a BAcC member ) Get someone properly trained in Chinese acupuncture. Don't try a physio or osteopath that 'does a bit of acupuncture':|

Thank you all so much for answers and advice xxx fingers crossed!!

Antihistamines don't work for me but thanks for all the comments,

Looks like I'll be trying the green aloe vets lotion and acupuncture.

Thanks all xxx

Hi everyone.
I know it's not beauty related so fingers crossed this thread won't be removed as I need anyone's advice please.

I suffer with really bad prickly heat on my chest arms and back.
I've not been directly in the sun but still have it :-(

Does anyone have any advice other than antihistamine tablets and allergy sun lotion?
They don't work for me. I've even had steroid injections in the past to try calm it.

Any home remedies maybe??

Thank you in advance xx

Try a tan accelerator - preps your skin to take suns rays immediately and definitely stopped prickly hear for me.
I also yes on my children when young and my fair partner to prevent burning.
The tanning component of skin is stimulated to come to the surface before the sun so it tans straight away or is ready if you don't tan - I think that's the basic science xx

I got it really bad when I used a sunbed for a week. All over my thighs and stomach.

I used magicool and aloe vera gel and it seemed to calm it down. I haven't had it since as I didnt bother using a sunbed after that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back