Primers - which works best for you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandelionpoppy

Reaction score
There are so many out there now, with new ones arriving all the while. Which have you found the most effective? Thanks!

Surely the most effective one will be the one that comes with your system.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Thanks Lee-Ann.
With make-up I pick and mix, as I believe there are hero products in different brands. Also I find that some clients prefer a mineral foundation, others liquid, or other formulation. I also do make-up bag make-overs. So I'm really hoping some fellow geeks will kindly share their experiences of what works for them and I can learn from their experiences.

I love love love the makeup forever primers. They're really nice. Also the Faces Cosmetics one? I don't know if you have that in the uk. The Smashbox one nice for photoshoots and weddings and nights out, but there are much more reasonably priced made the same way now with silicone. Gosh primer is quite nice? But again I'm not sure if you have it over there?:S. :)

Thanks DJ! x
I will check these out. Have used Smashbox and like it very much; clients always feel their faces and comment on how smooth it feels. It will be good to see if similar but cheaper formulations are as good.
Any more ideas guys?

Thanks Lee-Ann.
With make-up I pick and mix, as I believe there are hero products in different brands. Also I find that some clients prefer a mineral foundation, others liquid, or other formulation. I also do make-up bag make-overs. So I'm really hoping some fellow geeks will kindly share their experiences of what works for them and I can learn from their experiences.

I'm so sorry. I just realised you were talking about make up and not nail enhancements. :o

On my phone and sometimes don't notice which forum I'm looking in.

Sorry again.

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

No probs, Lee-Ann! xx

Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Oil Free

I love the smashbox photo finish ones,they are really good i wear mine everyday and always have a few in my kit. They have 7 different ones,the clear one is a good all rounder they also do ones for redness,pigmentation,tan etc.
Hope this helps :)

The smashbox one is great, but I'm loving Philosophy's 'The Present' at the moment. You have to let it set for 2 minutes, but its great. Laura Gellar's Spackle primer is also faboo! :green:

Laura Mercier primer is excellent, highly recommend it. x

I LOVE Arbonne's Make Up Primer...its amazing!

Thanks so much to all for taking the time to reply; very helpful! x

I like to use Airbase primer as I use their make up for base's, L'ancome do a really nice one as well, if your looking for something cheaper then The Body Shop do a nice primer more the half the price of the others and found it works really well, really smooths the skin. Smashbox are lovely too!! x

Thanks ktoso; really helpful!
Ps Really envy your location:green:; love the CI

Theres a chemist near me that sells smashbox products after reading this i want to go buy it and try it now ha! sounds great!!!!

Ahh thanks dandylionpoppy, I'm in guernsey it's lovely to come back here after yrs of being in UK, only downside is NO MAC store sob sob, but that means I have the excuse to go stay with friends in London to use my MAC pro card lol!!!

Avon's 'Magix' primer is lovely. Really nice finish and on special offer for €8 at the mo(normally €15, which is still good!) and has a SPF 20. It's my personal favourite at the moment!:)

Latest posts

Back