Problem client: should I cancel and refund?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady Murasaki

Reaction score
hi geeks

I have a problem with a bridal client and would like some helpful advice.

The bride was 5 days late with her deposit to secure her trial, and is now very abrupt with me and is being very difficult.

Her mother should of sent me makeup looks she would to try out at her trial yesterday, but still no email and I dont have any contact details for her so I have to go through the bride and she is just rude to me.

When i finally got her deposit and sent her contract out, she sent back yesterday with circles around words and sentences she felt were grammatically incorrect or spelt wrong.

I am dyslexic and get my partner to check contracts for me etc, and felt really upset by her actions.

Her trial is on tuesday and i feel that this not the type of client i want to have on my books and I just want to part company and refund her, but i dont want to cancel at short notice and her bad mouth me?

what should I do?

It's your business and if you don't want her as a client then say that you don't think you'll work well together.
It's her trial, so she should still have enough time to find someone else.

Her wedding is next January so yes she would have time to fine another MUA

I agree with the other poster. I would just say I'm sorry I think you should find another mua. Send her back her deposit and wish her the best for her wedding.

I wouldn't think twice about not working with her. You don't need the grief or stress. If it's difficult now, imagine what it'd be like in the run up to the wedding.

I would seriously think about ut first. Everybody knows a business is built mainly on word of mouth. If she tells other brides to be they may think twice about horing you. I know i would as i would worry that i would get cancelled on and be left with no mua for my big day! I think maybe do this but dont agree to work with her again?

Excuse the spelling was typing fast on mobile

she sounds like a bridezilla! bless you she sounds very mean. I would give money back and wish her all the best, judging by the contract and "issues" she seems to have with it and that you have other commitments that are worth your time. Shes not giving any looks/any ideas so therefore you are well withing your rights to cancel and refuse. chin up and be strong! xoxo

I am upset just reading this because my husband is dyslexic. I would return the deposit and send her a letter saying that unfortunately due to the contract (a legally binding document between you) being defaced/altered/modified it is now null and void. Then thank her profusely for contacting you and wish bridezilla all the best for her big day. I'll probably get told off for that, but she wanted to make you look stupid so show her just how 'stupid' you are! X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

This client is causing problems before you have even begun treating her so listen to your gut. She has belittled you and you've been left waiting for information, so if she and her mum are acting like this now it's only going to get worse.

Don't feel bad, think about yourself and your sanity. The bride has over 6 months to find another MUA and as long as you communicate effectively why you are cancelling I doubt she will tell everyone that she has been sacked. If she does tell others then let her, she sounds like a royal pain in the bum and most will realise what the deal is.

You are there to give a service, not take crap and how dare she send a contract back with highlighted spelling mistakes. The beauty of running your own business is to be able to make these decisions when you need to and you have plenty of time to fill the appointment in your diary with a nice client instead.

Sorry for the rant, it just makes me so annoyed that a small minority think they can behave how they want because they are getting wed lol.

I'd give deposit back and say bye. Yes word of mouth is best advert but she sounds like whatever you do she will say bad about you so save yourself the stress!

I agree, cancel and save yourself the stress of this type of client. Your portfolio and previous clients should be testament to your good work, so I would not worry about her trying to bad mouth your reputation. I would however get any contracts proof read professionally as it does look more polished. It is part of your business package.

I cancel too ... Omg they sound horrible ...
If they're like this before the apt what will they be like just before wedding ...
Save the stress ... Tell her your no longer available due to late pmt, contract being defaced and no pics being sent ...
Is it someone who recommend you to her ??? ..., do u know her ??? ...

If there's one thing I've learned, it's Go with your Gut.
I swear you can sense a troublesome client just from the vibes they give off, and in my experience, they are best given a wide berth.
As advised, I too would send back the deposit explaining you are no longer able to accomodate her on her day and wish her well.
xx

I agree with the others, cancel and refund her deposit.
How rude of her too do that to the contract.
Dont let her upset you, there's no excuse for rude behaviour x

I agree to cancel and refund deposit, as others have said she is rude and unpleasant, it sounds impossible that you will make her happy and she is likely to not say good things regardless of whether you continue her booking or not. Personally I would say something along the lines that due to the fact that you haven't been sent the information required for her trial and her negative attitude including defacing your contract you feel it would be mutually beneficial for you to refund her deposit and for her to find another artist xxx

I would seriously think about ut first. Everybody knows a business is built mainly on word of mouth. If she tells other brides to be they may think twice about horing you. I know i would as i would worry that i would get cancelled on and be left with no mua for my big day! I think maybe do this but dont agree to work with her again?

This not her wedding day it is trial that I'm thinking of cancelling.

Her wedding is in jan 14 so she would have plenty of time to fine someone else.

My problem is that I live in small village and everyone talks.

She is the only one with a out door swimming pool and she thinks she the bomb and everyone should bow to her.

I tried to sack her before when I didn't get the deposit on the due date but she was adamant that she was booking me.

I feel what ever I do here in going to loose!

She is the only one with a out door swimming pool and she thinks she the bomb and everyone should bow to her.

I tried to sack her before when I didn't get the deposit on the due date but she was adamant that she was booking me.

Oh goodness. You don't need this client and I feel that you could be the first person to stand up to her. All you have to do is be professional. She cannot book you if you're fully booked so don't let her bully you! With regards to the things that you've requested - apologise that due to you not receiving it by (whatever date you asked) that you regret that you've had to cancel the appointment and return the deposit. And unfortunately the delays that have occured are not allowing you to work to your full potential and provide her with the tailored service she deserves - I am rambling but you get it? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

Seriously, sack this client right now. She sounds like a right pain in the backside and will not be satisfied with anything you do.

If she is as demanding and unpleasant as she is already demonstrating then chances are people know EXACTLY what she is like and won't pay any attention to any bad mouthing she might do.

As many others have already suggested, return her deposit with a polite letter suggesting that she find another MUA and don't back down. Personally, I would be losing sleep knowing I had to work with someone like this and I won't do anything that pushes my stress levels up!

You're self-employed and surely one of the biggest perks of self-employment is that you get to decide who you do and don't work with.

Put your big girl pants on and refuse to work with her. :D

PB
x

If whatever your going to do your going to loose then why put yourself through the stress?

Latest posts

Back