Problem with Sienna X

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Sienna X and my customers love it because they want a natural tan. I've also introduced LA Tan to my service because some people want a really dark tan that doesn't look natural. :eek:

I use sienna x, the only tan I use and always get great feedback. My most popular is 10% and I use about 50ml. Sienna x always drill into you to never spray more than once as your skin will only absorb what it needs to absorb. So all you are doing is using twice as much solution /doubling your cost price per tan for no extra benefits to your client therefore losing money on each tan. Hope this helps... X

Sent from my ST26i using SalonGeek mobile app

I used to use Sienna and had no problems with it. My most popular was 10% and I too am an Essex girl but must say my clients always say 'I don't wanna look like a towie!' Lol! I'd say like most others try to turn the gun up a bit so you're closer to 50mls see if that helps? X

I used to use Sienna and had no problems with it. My most popular was 10% and I too am an Essex girl but must say my clients always say 'I don't wanna look like a towie!' Lol! I'd say like most others try to turn the gun up a bit so you're closer to 50mls see if that helps? X

I'm going to try turning the gun up, I went through the gun again with their customer service and the guy said it sounds like everything is perfect, he just agreed that maybe my clients want a more prominent tan! I really thought most of my clients would be a 10% like you say - maybe it's the time of year as well as not many people have a natural tan to top up on - thanks for responding though x

I use sienna x, the only tan I use and always get great feedback. My most popular is 10% and I use about 50ml. Sienna x always drill into you to never spray more than once as your skin will only absorb what it needs to absorb. So all you are doing is using twice as much solution /doubling your cost price per tan for no extra benefits to your client therefore losing money on each tan. Hope this helps... X

Sent from my ST26i using SalonGeek mobile app

I just went over my last client again as A bit of an experiment really, I know that once the solution has hit the skin going over it again won't make any difference. I'm tanning my partner today (much to his distress!) will turn the gun up and see what happens! Thanks for responding

I just went over my last client again as A bit of an experiment really, I know that once the solution has hit the skin going over it again won't make any difference. I'm tanning my partner today (much to his distress!) will turn the gun up and see what happens! Thanks for responding

Hi Sonzarellas,

We're sorry to hear that you're having issues. As many professionals have said, it does appear that the amount of solution used would be the underlying problem here.

Our % is a fantastic guide dependent on what skin type your clients have.

Fair/pale clients should be sprayed with a lighter tan, whilst those with olive undertones should be using a higher %. The result of this should always be a natural looking, sun-kissed tan. The result shouldn't be in the realms of an obvious 'fake tan'.

PM me once you have tested it on your partner today :)

X

I've been using sienna x for a couple of years now 16% it has never gone orange on me and is nice and dark, but my recent bottle doesn't seem dark enough I think it's one with a new ingredient of aloe, the feedback from my regulars is it isn't dark enough I thought I had found a brand I could stick with but it looks like I might have to change x

Contact sienna x if you're not happy with the improved solution they will be able to help ypu

I've been using sienna x for a couple of years now 16% it has never gone orange on me and is nice and dark, but my recent bottle doesn't seem dark enough I think it's one with a new ingredient of aloe, the feedback from my regulars is it isn't dark enough I thought I had found a brand I could stick with but it looks like I might have to change x

Try laurens way 16% my clients love it www.laurensway.com pro page

Latest posts

Back