Product Remover Or Pure Acetone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Product Remover Or Acetone?

• Product Remover

Votes: 75 34.9%
  • Acetone

Votes: 138 64.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters

* Nail Freak *

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, When soaking off enhancements which product do you find most effective? what differences are there? is product remover kinder to the natural nail? I would be interested to know as have only ever used acetone,

Thanks in advance :hug: :hug:

I use Creative's product remover - as I understand it product remover is a buffered acetone which is kinder to nails and surrounding skin than pure acetone but I've only ever used it so I have nothing to compare it to. I soak nails off using lint free wipes and foil to minimise drying the skin.....

HTH's

Thanks for your reply - I find acetone very drying,(also coats the skin in a white, dont know the reason why?) but applying solar oil & butter afterwards(throughly washing hands) seems to do the trick!

this thread explains it well Best Way to get then off!!!
I have a bottle of acetone but it's rarely used as I mainly use a buff-off gel (Brisa) so soaking isn't an option.

the only time i ever really soak off any nails is my own, i think in the past 2 years i have never soaked off any clients only the odd one, but i use product remover from creative as (as much as i hate to addmit it) i change my mind on my own enhancements like the wind, so i want a product remover that is kind to my hands and nails.

If I need to I use Acetone to soak off. But its really rare!!

Ive only used acetone,, I'm new to all this .. i was taught the pad soaked in acetone method wrapped in foil.. but don't find it very effect.. so i bought the little finger pods, which seem to work really well...i oil the finger before it goes in , but any advice one what not to do or to do would be of great help..
Leese

If I have any 'soaks' to do, it's usually with pure acetone.
I use a buff off gel, so acetone is reserved for removing sets done elsewhere.
I do it so rarely, no sense in purchasing and storing yet another bottle of whatever, know what I mean? I have enough stuff in my cupboard and my nail art products are battling for space
lol:lol:

I use acetone but would agree it does make your hands look really awfull and the smell is to dye for is the product remover as quick as acetone? When doing a soak off for a single enhancement I found using cotton wool instead of the lint free pads is better as obviously the cotton wool absorbs more acetone.

I first learned to soak nails off with acetone...then I learned about product remover. I think it depends on the product you're using, sometimes acetone does work better. Hate the smell and the drying though.

Thanks for your reply - I find acetone very drying,(also coats the skin in a white, dont know the reason why?) but applying solar oil & butter afterwards(throughly washing hands) seems to do the trick!
I apply the solar oil BEFORE soaking in acetone ( I use the tinfoil wrap way to remove them) and the oil helps to stop the nails and skin going white:)

acetone is all I've ever used.....I apply a good oil as well before they soak.....I also use my Sonic Touch to remove them more quickly.....and cover with a towel so the smell isn't as bad.....but actually don't mind the smell of anything nails come to think of it ......must be just my weirdness ...:rolleyes:

When I soak off, I usually use acetone. I really only do my own, and thats because I get bored! :)

I use acetone but I add a few drops of Solar Oil into it I do think this helps it drying out the nails quite so much.

I apply the solar oil BEFORE soaking in acetone ( I use the tinfoil wrap way to remove them) and the oil helps to stop the nails and skin going white:)

Ahhh i didnt think of that :idea: thanks hun! xx

I use product remover as it's buffered and kinder to the skin, although I think the one I have at the moment is not right as it smells of cat wee....taking it back to the wholesalers as I bought a gurt big jug of the stuff.....have to say my previous jug of the same product remover was fine.

I use biosculpture gel and have been using their gel remover to remove enhancements/overlays.
However, when thats finished, I'll definitely be using acetone - as there wont be any difference!
You know how you get told to buy everything at first?....:)

I use Creative's product remover - as I understand it product remover is a buffered acetone which is kinder to nails and surrounding skin than pure acetone but I've only ever used it so I have nothing to compare it to. I soak nails off using lint free wipes and foil to minimise drying the skin.....

HTH's
Couldn't agree more Ive used both and find acetone really hard particularlyon "mature" skin and nails

I thought product remover and acetone were the same thing. I asked for some acetone at the OSNS and they gave me product remover so though was the same. We have been taught to put the acetone/product remover in another bowl of warm water to warm the liquid. This works really well. I soaked my friends off on Monday night and it only took about 20 mins!!

I believe the product remover is less harsh? than acetone as it contains conditioners (along with acetone), not to sure but i think its kinder xxxx

Latest posts

Back