Product sticking better with Acid Free Primer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i personally use an acid free primer.

can i ask about m.a.p
what proportion of it is methacrylic acid.
is it 100% pure or are there other ingredients.
does it vary between brands. and does it work better/differently if it is more concentrated.
just interested, i like the whole chemistry side of things.

You are absolutley correct! Some companies do water it back.

i personally use an acid free primer.

can i ask about m.a.p
what proportion of it is methacrylic acid.
is it 100% pure or are there other ingredients.
does it vary between brands. and does it work better/differently if it is more concentrated.
just interested, i like the whole chemistry side of things.

NOT SURE ABOUT THE MAP BUT HERE'S WHAT'S IN AFFIXIT.

Ok can the ingredient list be written any smaller on the Affixit bottle???? Let me get my glasses on and let's see what's in it:

Ethyl Acetate
Bisphenol A diglyciayl
Methacrylate
-2-Hydroxy Ethyle Methacrylate

I think if a child were to take a drink of this that the outcomes would be nasty too!!!

Last edited:
for years OPI only have Bondex which is a none MAP, and it work well with all systems. They recently introduces Bondex 2 which is a MAP, and the only reason for it because of some user prefer/believe that MAP give better adhesion ........ MAP is less for giving when it come to allergic reaction if you let it touch the skin....... as for the adhesion no matter which is your system preference, the key is prep, prep, prep, and I believe this is the key in Carl case, he just got his prep work down to a science.

I still use Bondex cause it works, and don't see a need to use MAP.

BTW Carl, I think I may have a little too much time on my hand 2morrow, may have to give that bottle thing a go.:)

I tried the glass thing and couldn't pick either off!

and I believe this is the key in Carl case, he just got his prep work down to a science.

My prep has been the same for quite some time, the only change has been the non acid primer.

Funny you should mention bondex, I saw this being demonstrated a few years ago at a show, the lady spilt it and about 20 of us witnessed it burning a hole in her stockings (it was a classic moment), just a chemical reaction with nylon.

I'm doing a comparisson of MSDS for non acid primer from various companies (seems they are pretty much the same ingredients) Ethyl Acetate being the main one.

Bondex2 is acid based and to be honest I think it's name is very misleading.

I love it when an MSDS sheet says MAP is "moderately irritating", then the line underneath says "may cause burns with permanent skin damage, may cause severe burns, destruction of eye tissue and possible permanent injury or blindness", thats a bloody classic.

Last edited:
I love it when an MSDS sheet says MAP is "moderately irritating", then the line underneath says "may cause burns with permanent skin damage, may cause severe burns, destruction of eye tissue and possible permanent injury or blindness", thats a bloody classic.

Well I think the severity depends on the quantity spilled or in contact with the skin, eyes etc.

A small amount (such as we use) can be an irritant if it gets on the skin but spill a bottle on yourself and the irritant turns into a full on hazard.

I've been using acid free for years now with both gel and acrylic, (any kind), and lift is pretty much nonexistent. You are supposed to be able to use it for greater polish adheasion, too, but I've not tried it.

NOT SURE ABOUT THE MAP BUT HERE'S WHAT'S IN AFFIXIT.

Ok can the ingredient list be written any smaller on the Affixit bottle???? Let me get my glasses on and let's see what's in it:

Ethyl Acetate
Bisphenol A diglyciayl
Methacrylate
-2-Hydroxy Ethyle Methacrylate

I think if a child were to take a drink of this that the outcomes would be nasty too!!!

Hi,
There is also another primer from Akzentz called 'sure bond'. It is completely non-acid, non-toxic.

I've been using acid free for years now with both gel and acrylic, (any kind), and lift is pretty much nonexistent. You are supposed to be able to use it for greater polish adheasion, too, but I've not tried it.

Affixit is awesome to use before polish- works great!
Amanda

Latest posts

Back