Product sticking better with Acid Free Primer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailzoo

Reaction score
I'm always doing experiments ......

The latest is swapping to acidless primer and the results are astounding.

My nails dont lift all that much, but after swapping to acidless i'm truly amazed at the results. Why would this be ?

Be interesting to see some replys as I too have found acidless primer to work with better results.

Might just add that i dont get that much lifting if any at all :green:

I'm always doing experiments ......

The latest is swapping to acidless primer and the results are astounding.

My nails dont lift all that much, but after swapping to acidless i'm truly amazed at the results. Why would this be ?
Is that from swapping from acid primer or no primer?

swapping from acid to acidless

Maybe because it's a double sided covalent bond as opposed to a hydrogen/covalent bond?

Cathie! would you mind explaining that a little more please ? :o

Acid primer creates a hydrogen bond with the nail plate and a covalent bond with the product.

Acid free creates a covalent bond between both.

Covalent bonds are stronger than hydrogen and are more difficult to break down under normal conditions ie heat, vibration, water

Although I've never had an issue with acid primer.

Ah i see,thankyou xxx

I've found the same thing.
I used to use a 'liquid protein bonder" (acid free primer?) with my old uv gel.
Never had lift.

Switched gels.. used an acid primer as was directed...
BAM
I had lift.
And I NEVER get lift on my own nails (unless I goof on my wrong hand and touch the skin).

So, I went back to using the bonder from my old system and
BAM
No lift.

Never going to use acid primer again.
Plus, once I got some on my finger, ran under my nail
:eek:
Had to plop my finger in milk, it stung so bad.
No such worries with my bonder/acid free primer.

Hi All

Since changing all my products over to Young Nails approx 3 Years ago I no only ever USE PROTINE BOND on all my clients which is totally acid free and much kinder on the natural nail.

It also has fab adhesion power:hug:

Can I just ask a question as I am only just getting into a system that uses a primer - when you have changed from an acid primer to a none acid one does that product have to be from the same brand/compatible with your L&P or is this one of those things that does not matter?

Apologies if it is a stupid question :o

I use Akzentz Affixit: This non-acid Primer may be used with Gels & Acrylics to ensure a perfect bond. Brush on like nail polish, making sure not to touch the skin.

I never get any lifting.

I use Akzentz Affixit: This non-acid Primer may be used with Gels & Acrylics to ensure a perfect bond. Brush on like nail polish, making sure not to touch the skin.

I never get any lifting.

Could you use it with any brand L&P or just Akzentz? Erm :confused: - do they do L&P?

I use NSI attraction acid free primer and I have never had a problem with mixing it with other brands of L&P. Never have any lifting since using it. They also do an acid free for gel too.
Jen

I have to say I enjoy using a system that requireds no primer at all.

One less product to use and to buy.

Same here!

Saves you time also, which also saves you MONEY since time is money.:wink2:

I too use a primerless system,but it has been interesting to learn all the same :D

Could you use it with any brand L&P or just Akzentz? Erm :confused: - do they do L&P?

Yeah i think they do and i think you can...:lol:

Latest posts

Back