Products going walkies at the salon, please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nixnewcastle

CND Education Ambassador Newcastle
Reaction score
Hey geeks I've got a massive problem that I need help with...
There's only myself and another girl working at my salon and recently products, cotton wool and bed roll has started to go walkies.

I've just came back from a week away on holiday to discover lots of things missing and lots and lots of cotton wool gone.

The girl I have working for me also does mobile work and it actually hurts to think she may be taking things :(

What can I do? Can anyone suggest anything?

Aww i really feel for you. Maybe you could set up some kind of order form for your stock and mark on it how much of each product you have. Show her and involve her so whenever she uses/takes something she has to note it on the form. This way there will be a record and she may be more reluctant.

Obviously this doesn't resolve the issue of whether you want to carry on working with someone who is possibly stealing from you!! And without proof its a difficult thing to address. Are you 100% sure stuffs going missing? Because if you are i think you need to say something.

Hope you get it resolved.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

You poor thing, so unacceptable

If your 100% sure it is missing then I would arrange a meeting. Perhaps use the holiday as an excuse and call it a catch up. Could you say you've carried out a stock take since being back and there seems to be discrepancies. See if they open up.

Is nothing comes to light put an infantry together and everytime a new item is opened and used both ensure It's ticked off the sheet.

Tell her you've noticed a lot of stock is being used and want to start a order form, I don't do beauty so no idea how long a bedroll lasts but maybe work out how many clients u get out of a roll, note te date a new roll was opened as count the clients between then and the next time a roll is needed, if it's well off you know the reason xoxo

Excellent advise geeks. I'm going to put into place a stock take system and once you've completely used a product it gets handed into me and I replace it with a new one. I did a stock take before I went on holiday and when I came home. That's how I discovered things were missing

Can I give some advice?

Tackle this head on. Sit down and ask where the stock has gone. Be calm and cold, and make them feel uncomfortable.
Chances are the stock you are aware of is just the tip of the iceberg.
It is also one of the reasons why my staff are not permitted to set up a rival mobile business to their jobs, too much temptation.

Is nothing comes to light put an infantry together and everytime a new item is opened and used both ensure It's ticked off the sheet.

Obviously, it's just a typo (infantry/inventory) but I now have a lovely vision of fit young men in uniform with weapons checking stock in and out of a back room, shouting catchy army type slogans while you sit and watch...mmm. :eek:

Sorry, it's this hot weather sending me a little craaazy. :lol:

Obviously, it's just a typo (infantry/inventory) but I now have a lovely vision of fit young men in uniform with weapons checking stock in and out of a back room, shouting catchy army type slogans while you sit and watch...mmm. :eek:

Sorry, it's this hot weather sending me a little craaazy. :lol:

You made me giggle and nearly spat my wine out lol. I was using my silly phone and I didn't read it back as too fiddly. Thank you for making me smile with some wonderful thoughts lol x

Latest posts

Back