Products to sell in salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracey517

Reaction score
Hi everyone

does anybody have details of suppliers of good products to sell in salon that offer a sale or return policy.

i would be endlessly gratefull if somebody could help.

thanks xx

A good place to start would be the retail products offered by your suppliers.

What sort of products are you thinking about on a sale or return basis - not sure I have come across any in the beauty business.

Do you mean stuff like toe rings, beaded bra straps...

Do you mean stuff like toe rings, beaded bra straps...

i do waxing, man, ped, facials, acrylic nails, nail art, eyelash extensions, eyelash/eyebrow enhancements. but anything that would take the fancy of my customers really, it does not necessarily have to be linked with my treatments, even hair products would probably sell well.

Apart from the obvious polish & remover, beauty lotions & potions etc etc, what about -
Scented candles (added bonus of making the salon smell nice)
Handbags / Purses / Bag charms
Scarves
Umbrellas

http://www.bestkeptsecrets.co.uk/corporate.htm

These people make candles in metal 'tins' (sorry can't explain better)
They have gorgeous scents and they label the 'tin' with you rbusiness name / logo etc... so your clients can have their very own 'x' salon candle.
Some have glitter / mylar sprnkles in them....

Last edited:
Apart from the obvious polish & remover, beauty lotions & potions etc etc, what about -
Scented candles (added bonus of making the salon smell nice)
Handbags / Purses / Bag charms
Scarves
Umbrellas

do you know any suppliers that provide these products on a sale or return basis?

corporate.jpg

Best Kept Secrets - Candles and Candle Tins

This is the right page xx

Why do you need them on such a basis?
I absolutely believe in every single one of the products which I offer for home use which makes it easy to sell them; it would be business suicide otherwise.
It would be helpful to know your reasons for asking.

I think the poster is meaning a sale or return basis for items like jewellery,
i did see a company that did this at one of the ezflow road shows but i don't have their name

im just starting out and only have limited funds. so i am not able to buy stock for retail, even though a number of my customers have expressed an interest. i thought that if i could find a supplier of good quality products, etc, on sale or return then i could sell the stock and pay the supplier after. just until i get started.

I have stacks of contact details for non-beauty companies which do some great retail lines. However, NONE of them offer a sale or return basis. Not sure that many, if any, companies do that any more.

At one time you could open a credit account straightaway but these days you need to order several times before you can open an account, if at all.

Sometimes you just have to speculate to accumulate and this is where having a credit card comes in handy.

I sell Nailtiques in my salon and it is my best seller. For instance, today one of my clients spent £80 in my salon, only £30 was on tratment, rest was on Nailtiques.

xxx

I dont think anyone offers that anymore - its a bit dated. I understand funds are low so that prob is a good enough reason to really believe in what you sell instead of putting any old junk on display and waiting for your clients to react to it. my clients dont buy to much outside of treatment products so like Eyemunique maybe invest in something they want or need anyway. My best sellers are solar oil, scentsations and rejuvenator. I have lovely victoria secrets gift baskets but onlt sold them at christmas.

If you make friend with someone who makes jewellery then maybe they will let you display them in your salon and will take the money when you sell them so it cost you nothing and you can the n take a cut out of whatever you sell.

Latest posts

Back