prof beauty mag....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow,not really a very positive first post,but welcome aboard anyway. :)

There is a thread on this matter in the chit chat forum hth's

Would you mind filling out your profile so we can get to know you a little better ? Many thanks

I think there is less nail stuff in it - makes me wonder if scratch have done the special subs offer because of prof nails changing?!?!?!?

I thought this as soon as I heard about the Scratch offer. I got mine yesterday and had a quick flick through. Not too keen so far, but will have a proper read tonight.

The jury's out with my opinion on the new look PB at the mo ... I did take a sneaky peek yesterday, but as a nails gal, I immediately noticed that the articles on nails are bit on the light side. I'll take a good look though later.

I used to love Pro Beauty Mag how it was. Not sure quite what has happened but it seems so "bitty" (and I don't mean the Little Britain version of bitty!) and all over the place. I found it very hard to follow. I think they should have stuck to having a seperate nail part, and if they are incorporating Spa too then maybe a section for those people as well.

I found it very hard to follow. I think they should have stuck to having a seperate nail part, and if they are incorporating Spa too then maybe a section for those people as well.
I agree, this is what I was expecting too.
As I flicked through I kept finding myself thinking 'is this it? is this all the nails there is'. I hope they sort it out or I can see a lot of peeps letting their subs slide!

Thanks for the mention Chris, but Marlise ... I dont have a feature. My Nailtopia pic features a few times, and has been used quite large to advertise this weekend's NEC show, which Im obviously quite chuffed with but thats it! :green:

I also received my complimentary copy yesterday, I am a Nail Tech and have no beauty training at all, it was hard to find anything to read in it, certainly don't think I will be bothering to subscribe, I have no interest in beauty or spa treatments which were the main features in it.

Sorry but NOT IMPRESSED

Joan

I tried really hard to take in all the info, but like most of everyone else, for me its all nails - so this mag has little to offer! Unless they are planning a format change, don't think I'll renew subs either :cry:

I used to love Pro Beauty Mag how it was. Not sure quite what has happened but it seems so "bitty" (and I don't mean the Little Britain version of bitty!) and all over the place. I found it very hard to follow. I think they should have stuck to having a seperate nail part, and if they are incorporating Spa too then maybe a section for those people as well.
I found this to Sassy I was searching through the mag looking for anything about Nails.
They really need to think about splitting it into sections.

I don't like it so won't continue with it when my subscription ends if it stays this way.
All very interesting but I might as well subscribe to mechanics monthly.

I was really disappointed. Like Fiona, I was expecting the nails section to be at the back how it used to be. To have to plough through all the beauty stuff (which as a nail tech only is of no interest to me personally) to find the nail articles was irritating and I couldn't really be bothered. (You old whingebag!):lol:

I too am disappointed. Normally as soon as it comes through the door I flick through it then pour the wine and read it cover to cover but I still haven't done more than flicking through. Maybe tonight I'll sit down and read it but it looks like hard work finding the relevant parts.

I mean it's good to read about other areas of the industry but surely it would of been better keeping pro nails and having a few pages dedicated to other things going on in the beauty world.

I'll let you no how I get on when I finally read it but if scratch comes today it'll be at the bottom of the pile again.

Well I've read it abit and I am really disappointed. Not looking forward to next months at all. Hope scratch is here soon

I've read it again and it's about as much use to me as a chocolate fireguard.
Sorry but it's true.

Morning All!

The copy you have all had is it may's copy,or april's copy?I went to the prof beauty stand yesterday when I was at the show and had a chat about my subs because I'm still haveing probblems with them.And there had may's copies there.

Many Thanks! :hug:

Latest posts

Back