prof beauty mag....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looby lou

Reaction score
Has anyone else recieved thier first copy of the combined professional beauty, spa, nails magazine?

I recieved mine today and although it took a bit of getting used to not seeing 'nail related topics' on every page, it was interesting to see what is happening in other areas of the beauty industry, especially now we have hair and skin geeks on this site.

It definitely gave me ideas for ways of expanding business into other areas. (i;e treatments for men and bridal packages)

What do you guys think?

I received mine,what a nice gesture !

Mmm I'll reserve judgement till i have had chance to read,only flicked through until now,but honest first impression was i have a beauty therapy pro mag to look through .... we shall see

I'm not v. happy tbh. I need to read it properly, but I'm a Nail Tech, just a Nail Tech...... Beauty isn't relative to my business....

There is a lot of helpful information in Prof Beauty but I did prefer to have Prof Nails as I like to read a magazine dedicated to nails - there is only one now in the UK (Scratch) whereas there are plenty of beauty magazines already.

I knew it was coming (NOT however before I ordered my subscription - ONLY 2 months ago) about the coming together of prof beauty/spa/nails.

I am really disappointed I didn't know before my subscription. Although there are some nail articles it is generally a beauty mag (obviously, being prof beauty). Its great for geeks out there that are beauty based and do nails as well but I don't! I only do nails and at the minute that's all I want to do, I don't even find the rest of the mag interesting!

Sorry for the rant as I know many of you will think this is a great thing to happen but I think its a real shame that we've lost what I considered to be a pretty good mag.

I'm not v. happy tbh. I need to read it properly, but I'm a Nail Tech, just a Nail Tech...... Beauty isn't relative to my business....

I see what you mean vetty, if you are a nail tech only and your business doen't want to venture into other areas then it's not fun 'searching' for nail related articles.

I think there is less nail stuff in it - makes me wonder if scratch have done the special subs offer because of prof nails changing?!?!?!?

I think there is less nail stuff in it - makes me wonder if scratch have done the special subs offer because of prof nails changing?!?!?!?

That was my first thought too - I received my 'complimentary' copy of prof nails, but to be honest, I was bored before too long trying to find the nail stuff.

I was thinking of re-newing my subscription before this but I'll be sticking to Scratch from now on.

I've merged Claireamy's thread with this one to save any confusion :green:

i got it yesterday, i had a quick flick through and read it properly last night
have to say i was dissappointed , about the lack of nail articles,
yes the beauty stuff was intersting to read, but not of any relevance to me as i only do nails
thankfully i took the offer for scratch !

Now my business is 50/50 beauty and nails, I found the new format of PB great. Some very interesting articles that I can take ideas from. I still have lots of it to read yet.

Love it!

I took Scratch on for the special price too.. so that to look forward to as well. :)

I thought when PB was just Prof Nails, I thought was very similar to Scratch, so much so I cancelled one of the subscribtions. I am going to have both again now as they are now very different to each other :)

I thought when PB was just Prof Nails, I thought was very similar to Scratch, so much so I cancelled one of the subscribtions. I am going to have both again now as they are now very different to each other

:lol: Just goes to show ....... we're never happy :lol:

Well I remember the original Professional Beauty which had the Nails section at the back and I thought this was the format they were going to reintroduce.

I was also slightly disappointed with the new magazine but I will reserve final judgement until my subscription runs out (August).

I also only do nails and I have no plans in the future to diversify into beauty - there are too many beauty salons round me but not many nails only.

I didnt like the dotting of nail bits all around the magazine as they were sometimes not obvious enough to be about the nail industry.

I think it would be a good idea to have a beauty section at the front, then a business section, relevant to everyone and then a nail section at the back.

But that is just my opinion.

At least our Glo is in it! Well done Glo - fab nails as always!

Ditto - most disappointed, in fact I gave up reading it about half way through

i got it yesterday too.... and i too was expecting there to be a section just for nails... but everything was really mixed up... trying to find any nail info was hard...
plus with it being beauty, spa and nails the amount of advertising has doubled..... i know why the mags have ads but a million before you can even get to the contects page is just silly!

i was really disappointed too and im glad we still have scratch!

i think it is nice that they wanted to incorporate everything but the layout made it very confusing and jumpy imo and like others have said im a nail tech and if im honest i wanna read abt nails and our industry nt everything else too

im sure that things will improve and i know that like this site if no one contributes then there is nothing to read... (or in the case of the mag publish)

im gonna have to wait and see ... i think my sub runs out soon.... dont know if ill renew it!

Jess
xox

Yep, I am un-impressed.
In fact, I had a quick look through yesterday, and I still have'nt come back to it for a proper read.
I never do that with Scratch, I always obsess over it until it's read cover to cover. lol
I really cannot be rsed searching through the mag, hunting for the nails.
I did like the bit where they did the percentage comparisons of last years business to this year(does that make sense?).
Well two more complimentary issues to come, I'll know for sure how I feel by then.

Got my copy yesterday but have to say im not too keen, gave up reading after 15 mins.

Will be sticking to scratch only and not renewing my subscription.

I didn't bother renewing my sub and from the sound of things, I think I made the right choice.

The new format doesn't sound very user friendly and probably would benefit people who run both a beauty and nail business, rather than just nails.

Any chance of having Glo's article scanned and put up on here though ??

Marlise

Oh my god, how bad the the new PB, I have never been so disappointed. I actually took it to the toilet and used it. Very upset, and I hope you all are to.

Latest posts

Back