Professional make up?? help x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just introduced airbase airbrush make up into my salon and I am really struggling to find a cost effective but professional make up range for eyes and lips ect, I would love to use MAC or benefit but will be waay to expensive as it is £14.00 odd for 1 eyeshadow.
Any suggestions for a range I could use or any1 know of a cheaper place to get either MAC or benefit? :)

Hi,
I have just introduced airbase airbrush make up into my salon and I am really struggling to find a cost effective but professional make up range for eyes and lips ect, I would love to use MAC or benefit but will be waay to expensive as it is £14.00 odd for 1 eyeshadow.
Any suggestions for a range I could use or any1 know of a cheaper place to get either MAC or benefit? :)

Surely £14 for an eyeshadow is retail not trade and if you get the complete kit it should be more cost effective than buying individually.I would call Mac or Benefit and see what they say.

Yeah it is retail I have emailed them and they say they dont do franchise and the only way I could buy them is from the shops? surely theres a way around it :confused:

As a Beauty Therapist you can get a MAC Pro card which will give you 25% off the products. Benefit also do trade discounts as do Bobbi Brown, Illamasqua and MUFE, they may just have different criteria. You need to produce a business card and some other printed material prooving that you do make-up. You will get a higher discount if you can produce a tear sheet, call sheet or some other 'make-up' only related proof of your profession.

It certainly helps while building up your kit!

Hi Sharkster,

I am also enquiring regarding the make up professional range and am curious as to what a "tear sheet" and "call sheet" are as I am an ITEC qualified beauty therapist (which includes make up) and am also curious to why there are no Professional ID cards in the industry, or have I completely got that wrong!!??
I would appreciate any help you could provide please.
Many thanks and kindest regards

Can I just say that although had a slight communication issue at times I had a few bits of Art Deco sent to me to try and I am really impressed! I am an avid Mac, Bobbie Brown, Benefit, Urban Decay etc user.

The mineral liquid foundation is fab. I just have a few basic bits of the over the counter make up to use as I like them and add to them as they go along but I am really reluctant to spend 20 odd quid on foundation that doesn't always suit clients.

a tear sheet is where you have done make up for something , it has a appeared in a magazine or newspaper or other publication and you "tear" it out and put it in your portfolio.

It's usually for make up artists as opposed to beauticians.

I'm not sure what a call sheet is , maybe its the same ?

A Call Sheet is if you are working on a shoot and it schedules out the days timings as to who needs to do what and where

Personally I love minerals! I'm doing some great deals for salons on my range of mineral makeup.

Here's my website www.pureanadauk.co.uk drop me an email if you want some samples.

C.x

try artdeco they have trade accounts xxx

Hi, i work for MAC and you should definitley apply for a pro card, as well as money off products you can go to amazing seminars with mac pro artists and learn all the latest tips and tricks, also if your customers know you use mac especially for bridal proms they will love it!! Beware of buying off ebay though as there are LOADS of fakes around! Google MACPRO. Good luck xxxx

Latest posts

Back