"Professional" polishes or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pink sparkles

Reaction score
So professional polishes like OPI etc can be bought by anyone now and I was wondering what collections you all have? Do you try and keep the same brand or do you have a mixture of pro and high street polishes? I really love the barry m colours but would you use brands like that as a professional tech?

Sorry for all the questions just trying to get my kit together and theres just too many options!:)

Not all professional polishes can be bought by anyone - I am not 100% sure as to what you mean by this.

Anyone can buy professional salon only polishes through an approved salon at the retail price.

Some professional polishes are only available to salons at trade prices provided they are qualified professionals.

I have tried various polish ranges and the ones I prefer are Creative Nail Design.

I personally would not value a salon which used consumer products.

i too use creative polishes , have a few orly too but love my creative polishes :green: i wouldnt think much of a salon that used retail brands ie boots , superdrug etc...

Not all professional polishes can be bought by anyone - I am not 100% sure as to what you mean by this.

Oh I just mean like the OPI disucssion that was on here a little while ago, how professionals use it but now you can buy it in boots or whatever, if you see what I mean?

As I'm going to be a mobile tech I can't carry around as much of a range as a salon would hold but didn't know whether other techs stick to one brand or have a mixture of different brands. Thats all I meant.

Try the CND enamels.

They have just re-launched their whole collection and have done very clever things with them.

There are colours where you can overlay with another colour to make new colours. If you are going as a mobile tech, this is an excellent option for you because you only need to carry a limited amount of enamels around.

There is also not a concern that your clients can buy them from high street as CND only sells to professionals.

Check this out, it explains more.

http://www.salongeek.com/groups/cnd+lovers-+colour+revolution+starts+here!!!!-228.html

Nail enamels also make a great retail polish so if you chose to use professional enamels you can also then retail these :hug:

Professional polishs all the way.

Yes you can buy OPI in boots but professionals can still buy from lena white or sallys at trade price.

The only professional polish I have not seen in retail arena's is Zoya. Here in the U.S. we have stores set up that have a salon area in them, so it classifies them as a salon, but yet no one works in them. So anyone can go in and buy any professional beauty product they carry. Just chaps my......well you know what!! :irked:

Try The Edge polishes, they are in the trade catalogues, the 5 star top coat is great for french polishes and the glacier for any others, my clients say that they have never had a pedicure that has lasted so long! They also dry in a matter of minutes, the clients love that!
Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back