Protecting your own Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire C

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just wondering what you all do to protect your own nails when doing l&p, I have my own nails done and seem to end up trashing them by getting the acrylic liquid on them. Also, just invested in some scrub fresh but noticed that that has acetone in it which will also effect my own nails when using it. Apart from using fetching Marigolds:eek: I was wondering what you experienced techs use since I'm sure you all still manage to keep your own nails lovely!!

i do my own nails with gel. its acetone resistant.

if you must have l/p acrylic, putting a gel top coat on them will help protect them.

not sure how you are managing to get monomer on them though, try using a pipette to transfer it into your dappen dish. and do try to be more careful because you could overexpose yourself and end up being allergic to the liquid.
not only that,, but its too expensive to waste !

Its proberly best you get some training in first before you start attempting to do your own nails :)

You can buy flex wrap from your supplier. I have a habit of filing my pointer finger & thumb nails a little bit when holding the clients fingers & this wrap stops that, so it might help you.

The only way i ruin my own nails is when I am not wearing my gloves, I where thin nytrial gloves (soz if spelt wrong haha) when doing a clients nails. I cant see how you are able to get monomer on your own skin.

I only use scrup fresh to purify the nail plate prior to application and also to remove oil from enhancments prior to buffing. As previous poster mentions try using a dropper to get your monomer from bottle into dappen dish this might help.

Kate :)

Gel top coat is the way to go, snce I began using it I haven't had any problems. I too have acrylic L&P but put a Young Nails Finish top coat on and they stay looking perfect! I am sure the Brisa top coat would do the same! :)

Hi Guys

Just wondering what you all do to protect your own nails when doing l&p, I have my own nails done and seem to end up trashing them by getting the acrylic liquid on them. Also, just invested in some scrub fresh but noticed that that has acetone in it which will also effect my own nails when using it. Apart from using fetching Marigolds:eek: I was wondering what you experienced techs use since I'm sure you all still manage to keep your own nails lovely!!
Hello,

I also found scrubfresh a prob! My CND trainer reccomended using hands down discs (I think thats what they are called!) they have a plastic backing and a little bit to hold! so it doesn't take off your polish!

As has been said before! I use a dropper for the liquid!

Sara

Latest posts

Back