Psoriasis on Toe Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy-Jayne

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Just wondering if anyone has any tips about how to help someone with Psoriasis on their toe nails...

I have a client who because of this, she has toe nails that are only about a quarter of the size of normal ones. She normally wears stick on toe nails, but because she's going on holiday she's wants to know if I can do something that actually lasts.

I'm thinking, build them up with L&P as if she were a nail biter?....

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Yes you can build them up with L&P, if you do a search there is a thread some where on here where Gigi tells us how she does it,
i have done it on a couple of people and it looks great and they are so impressed too hth

Thanks Chick

I've done a quick search and where I put toe nail in, I get every thread which has the word toe come up!

Is it specifically about Psoriasis?

No i think it is about toe nail reconstruction,
go to Gigi`s profile and search through the threads that she has started, it might be easier to find that way,
i would search for you but I'm not techno and wouldn't know how to do the link, sorry hun.

Tried that, and still can't find it.

If anyone can find it and link it for me, I'd be really grateful! L-J

I have a client with psoriasis , her toe nails have not 'shrunk', but are very pitted. As are one or two of her finger nails.
Are you sure it's psoriasis?
I'm not an expert in skin disorders, but I was not aware that this could make your toe nails smaller.

Is there any pitting on her nail plate?

I have a client, to whom I've promised a nail reconstruction, as she has had the nail totally removed due to ingrowing toe nail. I too, will be reading Gigi's threads/posts about this.

Good luck with doing it - she'll think the sun shines out of the bum if you can do this for her I'm sure!:lol::hug:

Yep, doctor diagnosed. (sometimes they are wrong though!)

It does look like it to be honest though. She's had it for years, since she was younger and I suppose if you think about it, they might not have ever grown into 'adult' toe nails?! Is that possible?!

Hiya !! I would have a go with L&P i do this all the time and the results are fantastic !!! I just do the same on the toe nail as i would doing a nno ! it looks fab and lasts for ages oh and i will be looking up gigis tutorial
Best of luck xx

Yep, doctor diagnosed. (sometimes they are wrong though!)

It does look like it to be honest though. She's had it for years, since she was younger and I suppose if you think about it, they might not have ever grown into 'adult' toe nails?! Is that possible?!

Go for it then, if the Doc has diagnosed it.

How happy will she be!

She'll sing you from the rooftops - all that extra biz you'll get.

Good luck - hey, why don't you do a before and after pic for all us 'not had a go at toe nail recon geeks'!
I'd love to see it.:hug:

Thanks Bev.....

I just need that flippin tutorial now!!!

Latest posts

Back