Puffy eyes & dark circles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombini

Reaction score
Can anyone reccommend a 'miracle' eye cream that helps with puffiness and dark circles ?

Over the last week they have started to get really bad, I have never suffered with then but Ive been really run down over xmas and am literally exhausted and deprived of sleep !

Every morning they seem to look worse and im starting to panic now that I will never get rid of them :cry:

I use Dermalogica eye creams am/pm but they don't really have anything that I would class as suitable for what I am suffering with !

Have you been drinking more coffee just to keep you going over the busy time? I think the only real cure for this is more rest,cut down on caffine and drink more water.
I know how you feel though I'm sporting the permenant panda look aswell :lol:
:hug:

I'd put your eye cream in the fridge as the coolness will help reduce puffy eyes. You could also try cold teaspoons on your eyes.
You need to drink plenty of fluids and try getting more sleep. You can also apply haemorrhoid (sp) cream to reduce puffiness but be real careful not to get it in the eye :)

YSL do a fab cream called Lisse Expert................best cream i have ever used...helps reduce dark circles and also tightens and reduces puffiness.............its like botox without the pain...lol...x

start drinking loads of water sweet, it helps to combat dark circles x

Try also massaging around your eye area from nose around to ear - be firm but try not to overstretch the skin - do this in conjunction with drinking water as this will help to flush toxins out of the body which is what causes dark circles (that will be the coffee and junk from over xmas) let me now how you get on - This is also good to unclog the conjestion in sinuses for those with colds like me : (

Lots of water and go to bed by 10:30pm would do the trick.:) I'm not a great believer of using eye creams, but they could help....

Yes, totally agree with the above messages.
* Plenty of water (at least 6-8 glasses a day - more if you are a smoker or drinker) Squeeze some fresh lemon into it to flush out toxins and clear skin
* Elevate your head whilst sleeping for a few nights; don`t lie too flat
* Try a cold eye gel (kept in fridge) rather than a crem as often they can promote puffiness on some people
* Don`t sleep too much! Believe it or not, too many hours sleep and lie ins can actually increase puffiness and dark circles!
Unfortunately though, if you can honestly say that your diet and lifestyle isn`t very healthy at the moment, you may not see a great improvement until it is! Ditch those goodies and get back on track I say! (Boring I know!! :-( x

Thanks girls :hug:

Until recently I used to drink quite a lot of sparkling water (my pregnancy craving) then over the last 6 weeks I have pretty much stopped drinking any :smack: oops well I will start again, that can be my new years resolution :)

Think I will try the YSL cream to,

Will let you know how I get on thanks x

Liz Earle`s Eyebright is amazing, keep it in the fridge, reduces puffy eyes a treat. Very reasonably priced too!
www.lizearle.co.uk

As the puffyness is basically an oedema in the tissue, anything that constricts the blood vessels beneath the eyes & squeezes out fluid will reduce it. Cold obviously helps, such a compress or use of a refridgerated active product, and so does gentle massage to drain the fluid. A good quality eye gel will also contain ingredients to help with relief of fluid congestion & oedema in the eye area, but the formula is key here. Also of use is reducing salt intake & eating foods that help reduce fluid retention.

Juliette,a word of warning do NOT apply any products to eyes too close to going to bed,I have found if you apply when doing your nightime routine then going to bed,exasperates the problem.This is because as we sleep.we rub our eyes or turn over and and inadvertenly get product into the eyes which makes things ten times worse.

I usually cleanse,tone etc about an hour or so before I go to bed.Not laying too flat helps as mentioned before as puffiness is down to oedema and if we lie too flat it builds up in all the wrong places:irked:

Cucumber or tea bags are excellent for reducing puffiness .Plenty of sleep(hard when you have young baby but try to get a nap when he sleeps)use some accupressure techniques(lymph drainage),helps greatly.

Latest posts

Back