Pure coconut oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine doesn't smell either, I wish it did cos I luv coconut smell!! My KTC bottle is glass, 250mls, was £1.30 in Tesco. I saw the one in holland & Barrett last night was £14.99, although it was in the penny sale!! Big difference! It's on my Mums hair at mo! X

I wouldn't pay out for the virgin/ unrefined coconut oil just for my hair. I use the KTC one for my hair & skin & the unrefined / virgin for cooking & I also take a spoonful a day for the health benefits.

Does anyone use this every time they wash their hair?

Just tried for the first time and my hair looks great without the need for any serum/argan oil. Was wondering if it could be used regularly?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Does anyone use this every time they wash their hair?

Just tried for the first time and my hair looks great without the need for any serum/argan oil. Was wondering if it could be used regularly?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use this each time to wash my hair. I mixed 50/50 coconut oil with shampoo and really like this to wash my hair with. I have done two oil treatments where I left it on overnight and I really love the difference that it has made to my hair. I have been curling it with the Babyliss curler and these stay in for up to 4 days.

So within a few weeks I have gone from washing my hair daily, to washing it twice a week! And I've never had so many compliments.

I was also told by a doctor that it's the only thing to get rid of fungal nail.

Kim, could you tell us how this would work? How and how often would it be applied?

Am I doing something wrong?! I wet hair, used 50/50 shampoo and coconut oil then rinsed out thoroughly, then did 50/50 conditioner & coconut oil then rinsed out thoroughly. It didn't make a single bit of difference to my hair! What am I doing wrong????

I picked some up the other day! Cant wait to use it!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I literally put mine on dirty dry hair for as long as possible with a shower cap or plastic bag on your head and wash off as normal with shampoo and surface conditioner and worked wonders for me. I try to sleep over night with it in my hair just because i dont really get a spare few hrs in the day. When i put it on wet hair it didnt feel as good as it did when applied on dry hair x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mine arrived today. So looking forward to trying it. And your right no smell which I'm happy about. My scalp is driving me insane at the moment so will be a nice treat for it

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389541556.719777.jpg

I got this one in local chemist £1.55 for 90g.

Hope it's the right version as have just smothered hair and face in it!! Lol

It's quite wax like but quickly melts in heat of the palm of your hand - no drips when it's on hair.

I have just purchased some - cannot wait!

My mums hair came out really nice, will do it regularly from now on! X

Mixed mine again 50/50 with the shampoo and conditioner and STILL had no difference! On the coconut oil link on the first page it said it's not suitable for all hair and I reckon I must be one of them :(

Mixed mine again 50/50 with the shampoo and conditioner and STILL had no difference! On the coconut oil link on the first page it said it's not suitable for all hair and I reckon I must be one of them :(

I didn't see a difference straight away . It took about a month to see any real difference with help to how dry my hair was.

I didn't see a difference straight away . It took about a month to see any real difference with help to how dry my hair was.

Thanks for the reply. Hmm maybe I'll persevere then and when I finally get time whack it all over and leave for a good few hours and see if that makes any difference. I've actually this weekend had my hair cut from past my bra strap to shoulder length and it's in much better condition now after a good cut but I was hoping for the coconut oil to add the amazing shine everyone's raving about!

Thanks for the reply. Hmm maybe I'll persevere then and when I finally get time whack it all over and leave for a good few hours and see if that makes any difference. I've actually this weekend had my hair cut from past my bra strap to shoulder length and it's in much better condition now after a good cut but I was hoping for the coconut oil to add the amazing shine everyone's raving about!

I apply it to dry hair. Leave for 30 mins then shampoo & conditioner as normal. Maybe try it on dry hair next time. I noticed results the first time I did it xx

The first time I used it I noticed it added a lot of shine and helped the condition but since then I haven't noticed anything. I will keep on using it though x

I apply it to dry hair. Leave for 30 mins then shampoo & conditioner as normal. Maybe try it on dry hair next time. I noticed results the first time I did it xx

Thank you :)
So it's ok putting the oil on dry "dirty" hair so to speak?

So I have been following this thread for a few weeks and decided to give it a go after reading the benefits. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389689812.996636.jpg
I have mid length fine hair, tangles easily, bit dry on ends due to colour, heat etc. applied a small amount last night and distributed through, then plaited to sleep in. Was a bit worried about it making roots too oily so used my loreal vitamino shampoo on dry hair first to emulsify it out this morning, have to say it feels lovely and silky, no oily residue which I have experienced in past when I bought an Argan oil shampoo, which didn't suit my hair at all! Will use it a couple of times a week, I got it when I did my on line shop for tesco's, it is solid but I warmed my hand on radiator first and it melted easily! How is everyone getting on with theirs that have been using it a few weeks now?

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Finally got to use mine last night. Had trouble finding it then came across a lady who sells all natural products so got her to post to me. Maybe because it's been so cold but had trouble getting it out of tin so sat it on top of my air fryer that had been just on and it was fine lol! Added small bit of shampoo dry and then washed as normal and best blow dry it have got on my own hair in ages without using barrel tongs Or iron. Very impressed.

I just have one question. I plan on having my colour on Monday so I will probably wash it once more before that and would like to use it again or would it cause a barrier to colour do you think?

Latest posts

Back