Pure coconut oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389847898.232443.jpg

I have been using coconut oil for a few weeks now & have really noticed a difference. My hair was extremely dry before from damage & it seems to have repaired it a lot already, it doesnt have that dry look about it now.

Also I find when I blow dry it my hair is so much more sleek & I dont need to straighten it at all! I tried to get the shine into a pic but had to be done with flash as its night but you get the picture! Plus it feels light & soft.

Thanks for starting this thread I havent shut up recommending coconut oil since I bought it! Haha

Well I think I'm gonna give up with this. After trying it 3 times with the shampoo/conditioner 50/50 method and not having any difference, I then whacked a load on my dry hair today, wrapped in a carrier bag, then shower cap (oh I looked alluring!), and left for 3 and a half hours.

I then massaged in shampoo BEFORE adding the water, lathered well and rinsed out then did another shampoo before conditioner. The results once dried were barely any difference but greasy under layers at the bottom (only discovered once I blow dried grrrr).
Am I the only one not having amazing results? What on earth am I doing wrong?!

Unfortunately it won't work for everyone, some peoples hair just won't take to it and it looks like your one of those people :-( x

It's amazing for my afro hair as it's quite dry so it drinks the stuff!

My hair drank it the first 2 or 4 times due to bad porosity problems but now i only use half the amount! I cant believe such a simple product is so effective. Goes to show who needs fancy lardidaah produxts when you have this x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've got a client with coarse, dry bushy hair, her hair won't grow as I need to cut it as it's growing, gets so dry. I used some on hers to blow dry today and it was like a dream come true. I sent her home with some so hopefully this is an answer for us!!

I just have one question. I plan on having my colour on Monday so I will probably wash it once more before that and would like to use it again or would it cause a barrier to colour do you think?

Anyone?

I've got a client with coarse, dry bushy hair, her hair won't grow as I need to cut it as it's growing, gets so dry. I used some on hers to blow dry today and it was like a dream come true. I sent her home with some so hopefully this is an answer for us!!

How did you use it?

Applied through mid lengths and ends before blow drying and then a little after drying. Really the same way as I would use a morrocan oil.

Applied through mid lengths and ends before blow drying and then a little after drying. Really the same way as I would use a morrocan oil.

Thanks, maybe I'll try that then seeing as it made no difference washing it in.

I used it yesterday, washed twice and all came out. My hair is lovely and bouncy! Just to warn people though, it has significantly stripped a lot of the vegetable dye from my hair x

I used it yesterday, washed twice and all came out. My hair is lovely and bouncy! Just to warn people though, it has significantly stripped a lot of the vegetable dye from my hair x

Funny you say that coz I had my hair tinted last week and thought it looked a lot faded after using the coconut oil but thought it must be my imagination! I used 50/50 oil and conditioner today and it has finally worked for me and my hair is super soft and shiny hooray. Just a bit worried about the colour fade though. Be interesting if anyone else has noticed this too.

Id wait until you've had your colour done just incase.
I'm not a hair dresser but that's what I would do. x

This stuff is the dogs doodas!

Only used twice by mixing with my shampoo once then left it over night last night - pic attached, my hair is super shiny and soft and I havent straightened it in the last few days.

Please ignore my terrible roots, Im trying to let the black fade before having a colour correction!

Attachments

• IMAG0256.jpg
    IMAG0256.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 333
Funny you say that coz I had my hair tinted last week and thought it looked a lot faded after using the coconut oil but thought it must be my imagination! I used 50/50 oil and conditioner today and it has finally worked for me and my hair is super soft and shiny hooray. Just a bit worried about the colour fade though. Be interesting if anyone else has noticed this too.

Did you notice colour fade when it was mixed with the conditioner? X

This stuff is the dogs doodas!

Only used twice by mixing with my shampoo once then left it over night last night - pic attached, my hair is super shiny and soft and I havent straightened it in the last few days.

Please ignore my terrible roots, Im trying to let the black fade before having a colour correction!

Should help with the black fading based on my experience! X

I thought I'd try coconut oil on my hair today. I couldn't remember it making too much of a difference in the past. However my hair has been so dry and frizzy lately and with this post fresh in my mind I thought I'd give it a go.

It feels much better and I was very surprised when my husband came home and commented on how lovely my hair looked. :) normally he wouldn't notice if it was dyed blue! Xx

Thanks Geeks for reminding me of this little treasure. XxImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390678237.850964.jpg

Latest posts

Back