Pure coconut oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds good to me 😉 x

Has anyone tried putting coconut oil on the hair and scalp before bleaching , apparently it stops the hair from drying out as much and stops the burning sensation aswell

Has anyone tried putting coconut oil on the hair and scalp before bleaching , apparently it stops the hair from drying out as much and stops the burning sensation aswell

But would it not act as a sort of barrier between the hair & colour? x

when I was platinum my colourist used to put Moroccan oil in the bleach before applying to my roots and it used to lift fine x

If it's melted down I don't thinking so I used to put oil on my scalp to stop it from burning , I'm wanting to go blonde soon so I'm going to do a strand test tonight so il try it out

Be cautious if your hair is protein sensitive. It will actually cause the reverse and make hair dry.

There is debate whether coconut oil is a form of protein. Some say yes, others say no.

From my experience it was great for growth. I used it back in my university days from recommendation of my Indian friends. I recently went back to using it in November. I did a mask and basically kept it on the lengths for a whole week. It really transformed my hair. But I kept applying it to my scalp area after another protein treatment and I noticed breakage.

So for my hair, one intense treatment was enough. I didn't need to go back and apply it several more times like I did.

I blather my hair in it, sleep in it, then wash it out the next day! Its amazing what it does to your hair and after I've done it I don't have to wash it for ages when you think it would make it greasy!!

Its tremendous..its been used for years in Asia to promote hair growth, another fabulous oil is Olive oil for hair x

Just noting for future

Seen another geek ask but it didn't really get answered - if I'm getting my hair coloured in two days would this act as a barrier or not? X

I put the oil on my hair the put bleach over the top and it didn't put a barrier on my hair

I'm sitting with my hair covered in coconut oil and a pillow case on my head lol planning to sleep with it on overnight then shampoo in the morning :)

Can you use coconut oil if you have had a keratin blow dry?

Seen another geek ask but it didn't really get answered - if I'm getting my hair coloured in two days would this act as a barrier or not? X

No it's perfectly fine just washes out as normal no barrier. X

Is anyone still doing this? I might have another go on my hair, not done it for a while.

BUT, I've been putting it on my legs every morning and I love it!

I haven't done it for a while, I will soon though as my hair is very dry atm x

Is anyone still doing this? I might have another go on my hair, not done it for a while.

BUT, I've been putting it on my legs every morning and I love it!

Love mine as a lip balm. I've got a client who I converted and her hair is amazing. She was like a sheep before, huge puffy dry hair, now it's just amazing.

Love mine as a lip balm. I've got a client who I converted and her hair is amazing. She was like a sheep before, huge puffy dry hair, now it's just amazing.

Never thought of lip balm, thanks for that tip.

I have been using coconut oil on my hair since I shaved it and it is growing lovely and fast.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Iv got my coconut oil on my hair atm, I left it on the window sill right in the sun and it's gone all soft, really easy to apply now as it took ages to melt in my hands! I'll be leaving it on all night, I will have long thick hair! Lol x

Has anyone tried blow drying with coconut oil

Latest posts

Back