Pure coconut oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I'd try coconut oil on my hair today. I couldn't remember it making too much of a difference in the past. However my hair has been so dry and frizzy lately and with this post fresh in my mind I thought I'd give it a go.

It feels much better and I was very surprised when my husband came home and commented on how lovely my hair looked. :) normally he wouldn't notice if it was dyed blue! Xx

Thanks Geeks for reminding me of this little treasure. XxView attachment 53767

Wow I love your hair 😃

Where can you buy it from?

Tesco - £1.30 a bottle 250ml

Yes, I bought mine in a local chemist. Xx

Wow! I want it now! I'll get it for my dry hair but I think I could also do a coconut pedi with it! Lovely stuff :)

Sent from my GT-S7500 using SalonGeek mobile app

Iv got my coconut oil all over my hair and face atm! Lol x

Im glad u sed that. I put it all over my face and eyebrows and in my lashes lmao x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sounds great!!! Need some of this in my life. Off to buy some at the weekend with this horrid weather and heating etc my hair is terrible.

I have been using this now for a couple of weeks, its not fading my colour though - I have gone about 6 weeks without colour though so that may be why. Sods law when youre trying to fade out black it wont budge it.

On the upside, my hairs the best its ever been.

I've been following this post for a while now, bought some oil to use on a tiny eczema patch I get on my neck....fabulous and cleared it up.
So last night I thought let's give it a try on my long naturally wavy unruly mop of hair....... Washed it out this morning and just styled it and OH MY GOODNESS!!!
I am glossy and shiny and have swishy advert hair. No longer do I resemble an 80s bon jovi band member I am little miss swish. Eat your heart out cat whatsyaface off the worth it ad, I am glossier than you haha.
YOU MUST HAVE THIS IN YOUR LIFE.
Right I'm off to swish in slow motion somewhere. Happy Friday peeps xxx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using SalonGeek mobile app

I think it works best if you use it like a treatment once a week or even 2 weeks apart. I was using it every time I washed my hair (leaving it on overnight) and I didn't notice anything. I haven't used it for weeks and then used it the other day and my hair feels amazing again x

I need some of this, sounds amazing!!!
Does anyone know if this be used on hair extensions, mid lengths to ends??

As long as it's real hair (which I'm guessing it will be) then I can't see a problem with just applying to mid lengths to ends. Xx

I would just be cautious of colour fade/loss - maybe check some mid lengths/end extensions at the underneath of your hair first as well as trying it on your own.

Just in case really, some people mention colour fade. Other than that you should be fine as long as you do not go near the bonds.

I've been following this post for a while now, bought some oil to use on a tiny eczema patch I get on my neck....fabulous and cleared it up.
So last night I thought let's give it a try on my long naturally wavy unruly mop of hair....... Washed it out this morning and just styled it and OH MY GOODNESS!!!
I am glossy and shiny and have swishy advert hair. No longer do I resemble an 80s bon jovi band member I am little miss swish. Eat your heart out cat whatsyaface off the worth it ad, I am glossier than you haha.
YOU MUST HAVE THIS IN YOUR LIFE.
Right I'm off to swish in slow motion somewhere. Happy Friday peeps xxx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha love this x

Iv been using the coconut oil for a while now but my hair is still so dry! I think I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and get a really good hair cut and start from scratch with growing it 😢 x

Baby chops why don't you get a keratin treatment done while your trying to grow it will feel lush and won't have breakage then have a good trim just before your due your next one x

Iv got a haircut booked for tomorrow so gonna get it done then. Then I'm gonna really look after it x

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back