putting dog in a boarding kennel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Axl goes to the Kennels when we go away, he is a whole lot of dog to look after (look at my gallery!) and he needs professional care also someone we trust to give him his medication.
So we have a great place near our old house, it has loads of room and he loves the people there. It's a family business and has been going for over 30 years. He gets really excited in the car when he recognizes where we are going and he jumps all over the owner there. They love him too and know him very well.
When he comes home he is off his food a little for a few days and won't talk to us but aparently this is normal behaviour when you have been away from them.

welsh_hannah said:
yeh good way of thinking of it! just thought id post a pic of him hope nobody minds! xx

aahhh!!!!!!!!!! adorable no wonder your on a worry.....hope you find a good one for your baby:hug:

thanx again for all your advice, Ive been told about a lovely boarding kennel near me which ive just been on their website and it looks gorgeous so im going to view it tmoz! Hope this is ok to do this ive put on a link for u guys to look at and tell me what u think from the website, I mean i am still going to view it to make sure its clean and everything!

www.parklanekennels.co.uk

Thanx guys xx

Looks very nice Hannah, go check it out. It looks clean bright and airy and no chicken wire in sight! Their prices are very reasonable too. I pay £12 per for my boy to go to the holiday home, the price of the prison camp kennels round here are £10 per day.
harry123 (2).jpg

It's a hard life!

We have used a local Boarding centre regularly when we have gone away for the weekend without any problems at all. During their last visit in May, our Retreiver and Cav were both so poorly when they got home it was awful. I thougt we were going to lose the pair of them they were so ill. I guess they caught a nasty bug, just like kids can pick things up at school, but it was pretty awful to say the least.

I would certainly look for someone who can dog sit in our own home from now on, it will be much better for the dogs and also be cheaper in the long run without the vets fees!

Mandy x

Hi guys just an update i went to see the park lane kennels and it was really really nice so i booked him It really didnt feel like a kennels!. Im really nervous about leaving him but im sure he will love it there!! thanx for ur replies xxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back