QUESTION about CORNS

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chicagoprmami

Reaction score
One of my friends asked me today about corns. She has them on her four toes in total. 2 on each foot. one on the pointer toe and middle toe. I looked at them and the left foot is a little more noticeable.

She asked me how to remove them without having to go to the doctor. I didnt know what to say. She constantly wore gymshoes and I assumed that's why she had them. She said she used this liquid that yo apply for 14 days and then you peel the stuff off. but she said it looks bad after.
WHAT CAN I TELL HER TO DO? I said use a rock, but she asked if it would hurt. I dont know what to tell her.

What's the best way to remove them ???
:rolleyes:

Go to chemist and ask for a corn blade and advice on how to use it. You shave them off sort of. Pumice after a foot soak will be great to, how ever if her shoes are too tight across the toes she will always get them.

Bloss

Go to chemist and ask for a corn blade and advice on how to use it. You shave them off sort of. Pumice after a foot soak will be great to, how ever if her shoes are too tight across the toes she will always get them.

Bloss

OH OK...I've never heard of a "corn blade". When I explain it to her, she'll say, SHAVE them off. And she'll think it will hurt. But I told her to wear loose fitting shoes

Any kind of pressure on them will hurt and if you blade them off you wont be removing the 'root' and could also cause infection.
Tbh, corns are best removed by a chiropodist. (Podiatrist).

Any kind of pressure on them will hurt and if you blade them off you wont be removing the 'root' and could also cause infection.
Tbh, corns are best removed by a chiropodist. (Podiatrist).
Yep i'm in full agreeance with you, balding does seem to offer a little releif though, and doesn't hurt to do. But still the problem does lay with her and her shoes. You can tell her till your blue in the face:green: but it all comes down to her making sensible shoe choices

Bloss

Bloss

I have done this on myself ages ago & gave up as its painful to walk on once you've removed the build up & it just comes back again !

Advise her to go to the podiatrist as they can remove it & explain how to prevent it from reoccuring :)

Anybody know why so many people are so reluctant to go to the experts to get things done?? Particularly when their feet are involved? I mean the dentist I can understand ... but why feet?? Any theories geeks?????

Maybe Sandi form Valencia can tell us??? :hug:

Anybody know why so many people are so reluctant to go to the experts to get things done?? Particularly when their feet are involved? I mean the dentist I can understand ... but why feet?? Any theories geeks?????

Maybe Sandi form Valencia can tell us??? :hug:

It's not that my friend is reluctant, but right now, she doesn't have the money to spend on taking care of her corns. She just wanted something to work in the mean time. So I thank everyone for their input!:hug:

what are corns and how do they develop? i wasn't really toaught much about corns really only to suggest that they go to a chiropodist.x

what are corns and how do they develop? i wasn't really toaught much about corns really only to suggest that they go to a chiropodist.x

"
Corns only occur on the feet, usually where a prominent bone presses against the inside of your shoe (tops of toes, pressure points of the sole, and between the toes). Pressure causes your skin to thicken at that point, creating the hard surface and core of the corn. They are like calluses penetrating deep instead of spreading wide. Once they form, they become cone-shaped with the point facing inward. That presses on the nerves deep in your skin, and is like having a pebble in your shoe all the time. They aren’t contagious like warts; only constant pressure on the skin can create them. " -askjeeves.com:idea:

Latest posts

Back