Question about white tips????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karentriff

Reaction score
I haven't used white tips before I have always freehanded them with white L & powder on a natural tip or form. I had a new client yesterday who insisted on white tips. (and ultra long not to my taste but she was insistent)
Now, when using a white tip, do you guys still apply the three beads and is your bead over the white tip clear?
Or do you draw pink forward from beads 2 & 3 over the white?
Also, even though I used a brand new brush, there was a slight yellow tinge on some nails on the free edge.

well I am no expert on the 3 beads.. etc... but i always use white tips...
I put white powder over the white tip and follow the smile line.. then i put my zone 2 and zone 3 beads on...then a very thin clear bead over the lot if you need it.. mo9st of the time i dont add the clear coat as I finish with a clear gel anyway..

I am the opposite to you.. i am trying to learn to do the white free hand on clear tip so i can tackle all these nail biters...

well... I may be dumb, so slap me, but I don't see the point of using a white l&p over a white tip...?
it's already white, the smile line is already done...

(but again, I don't tip that often)

in my tip training back in the days we'd stick it, cut it, and then use the one ball method in clear. (there were no opaque pink back then LOL)

now, if it were me, I guess I'd still do the same, or if the nail plate is damaged, I would apply a small amount of opaque, but would still "cover" everything with clear...

When i use white tips i usually put clear/natural over the tip and pink in 2 & 3.....

When i use white tips i usually put clear/natural over the tip and pink in 2 & 3.....
this is what i would do still using the 3 ball method.i have got some pics in my album of using white tips using 2 different methods.good luck.xx

well... I may be dumb, so slap me, but I don't see the point of using a white l&p over a white tip...?
it's already white, the smile line is already done...

(but again, I don't tip that often)

I add the white on the already white tip... because I didn't have any clear powder at the time...and i use a intense pink CND so it dulled the white. now I just like the way it looks when it is done.
I follow the smile line , actually i think it has helped me with my free hand smile lines..

If a client wants a "soft" french look then i just use the pink
Hope that makes sense.
X Mel

Latest posts

Back