Question for all geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hellsbells86

Reaction score
:eek:Im doing some reasearch into what product and why.
So im asking ALL of you.....What product do you use and why?

CND and NSI for nails. I use the products I trained with because I know how to get the best results from them. I don't get service breakdown.
CND, have the best customer service team I have ever come across, one phone call in a panic, I'm sorted, what ever I need, it's on it's way. No mistakes and quickly.
NSI, is available locally, five minute drive and it's in my hand.
So top quality products, top quality customer service and easy availability.
Spray tanning, it's the quality of the products, no one wants to have a tan that a week later leaves them looking like a patchy horse. Again I use two different product lines, Nouvatan, great customer service, quick delivery, fantasic quality.Couture, 20minute drive, it's in my hand, great product.
Waxing, it's all about the product. I buy my supplies on line use perron (something) lol forgotton the name:eek: but great product, I've never spoken to the supplier, only orderd on line, never had a problem.
As I expand my service menu I will have CND as my yard stick, companies have to live up to CND's standard to be of use to me. No way am I going to put up with bad service, products that don't deliver or broken promises from any suppier. I'm spoilt and I like it:green:

Good that your looking into it, I have seen so many posts here from people upset with there product when they find out that there not all made equal ,

For gel I use Brisa , this is for me the only hard gel I've trained in and used for enhancements i don't do much gel but brisa has never let me down so I haven't needed to try any others IYSWIM ,

L&P (acrylic ) I use CND for natural looking/ everyday wear enhancements ,
I also use NFU.OH for the glitzy arty type of enhancement , I use both but only for there strengths to me IE NFU.OH has the art /glitter color selection , and yes they have pinks whites ect but for me CND excell with that side of it. So the 2 complement each other but don't take from each other .

U.V colour
I use mostly Shellac I love the glossiness the kinder way it's applied / removed the hypo allergenic 3FREE it really was created to work with us techs and for our clients.
I also use some Gelish again though I only have Gelish colors that wear not available in shellac so never treatment takes away from the other, alot of my new clients are military and while they do like to feel feminine, uniform rules and regs say polish is ok as long as it's not chipped no art and is not white french or red /bright pink so for now Gelish filled the color spaces nicely,

Polish is CND colour effects they are 3Free , fast drying and space saving and such a HUGE choice of combinations, there is something for everyone ,

Manicure/ pedicure its CND almond spa and citrus spa , earth and marien I use them to fit the season and person eg citrus and marine in summer as there both refreshing / cooling ,
Almond and earth in the winter as there both warming, soothing and mmmmm ,
But I sometimes very for people IE men like citrus more then almond ,

I have trained in mani pedi and L&P with other brands aswel as with CND but as I love to give my clients the total experience not just a set of nails and after much research , extra training and self testing the products that I use wear the ones that made scene to me.

I use mainly CND, I just love their products and customer service. I do use OPI polish as it's more available to me than other brands. :)

Thanks to all replies so far!
This is going to sound barmy, but im just doing mani, pedi, holistic facials, indian head massage, aromatherapy and hot stone treatment!

i did training into enhancements and i didnt enjoy it, and when i practiced on friends they said when they have a spa mani/pedi its a beautiful treatment and was so relaxed and loved every second and there nails looked beautiful BUT when had enchancments nails looked lovely but is no where near to a spa manicure!

And the aim i have is for my clients to leave feeling relaxed, pampered and nails looking lovely!
And enter the room with lovely spa smells not chemicals of enhancements!

i use/have used a lot of different products.
i trained using CND L&P, also used the CND polishes as well as their citrus manicure and marine pedicure products. i love using shellac. i love all the CND products as they are amazing!

i am now using NSI balance gels as i like using a gel but also like the strength you get with a buff off gel.

i also use bio sculpture which is a fab soak off gel and love the variety of colours they have.

i have also used Jessica, i love their polishes but have mixed feeling on the manicure and pedicure products.

in australia i used to use Mancine professional. Mancine Cosmetics
i dont think you can buy it over here in the uk?
i used their wax and body products

what can i say...i like using different products! :green:

Can you use different products???
I went to a salon a year back and they let you choose from cuccio, CND and Thai.

Is this a good idea?

I'm confused lol ,
Is what you mean something like
"how can I achieve a spa manicure feeling with an enhancement treatment? "

Sorry,
No hun, just what product for a mani/pedi......ie cuccio/CND/Thai
And why?

If you use the search button at the top of this page you will find thousands of replies to the same question. There have been so many threads on this very same question. I love the search facility as you don't have to wait for replies, it's great to read for ages on the same subject as you are interested in.

Hope this helps :green:

I am quite new to this profession and chose CND as my main product. I did a lot of research prior to training and decided, from reviews and my research, that in my opinion, they were one of the best. I also decided that doing enhancements was not where I wanted to be. I am offering Shellac, Minx, mani/pedi. This is keeeping me busy enough and I love the customer service I receive from the suppliers of CND.

My customers so far love Shellac and the Almond spa products.

Thanks to all replies so far!
This is going to sound barmy, but im just doing mani, pedi, holistic facials, indian head massage, aromatherapy and hot stone treatment!

We use Natural and Organic products for our main spa/facial services and they are as follows:

We use Pinks Boutique in our salon for our Mani/Pedi's, Spa treatments and our Massage. Pinks are relatively new to the arena, but the products are amazing!! The scents are delish and the products are beautifully presented. Ring Luke or Kirsty and have a chat to them to see if they can send you some samples - 01132 204804.

We use PureBliss for our facials. These products are amazing and pack a punch! They are a small company and not well known, but the products are absolutely fab and actually work. www.[B]purebliss[/B]online.co.uk

Latest posts

Back