Really random obsessions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissD

Reaction score
I don't know where my obsession comes from but I absolutely love stationery! Any type...pens, post its, paperclips....What made me think of it was a guy who sits near me just came back from the stationery cupboard with a big stack of brightly coloured post its...all I could think was, 'Are there more in there?!!?' My day job doesn't require much use of anything except a pc, a pen and notepad. My second job of hair and beauty doesn't really involve much stationery except a diary and a pen....but I can't help it! I buy it all the time.

So, question of the day, Do you have any really random obsessions? Maybe one that is not at all related to anything you do in life? Just thought it could be something light hearted for a laugh! :wink2:

I love stationary too! New pads are my worst guilty pleasure!
I have few random obsessions I think...

Notepads

Making lists (I make at least one a day) just making it up as I go along like- "If I were to be going away this weekend what will I need..." haha it's so weird!

Cutting things up and sticking things, I'm forever ordering crystals and sticking them to anything possible!

When I make tea for people I put the cups in order of how much I like the people (most important one to the left and least favourite on the right)

I have a few more but weird one's but would be here a while haha x

I also love writing lists! Especially in a brand new notebook! I write about 3 lists a day, from shopping lists, to life lists, what I need to do that day, beauty lists, pricing lists etc.

I find if I don't write my lists I can't sleep at night as I have too much going round my head!!

Xx

I'm a list maker lol

When people offer me deserts and I want different ones they have to be on different plates. Or washed and THOROUGHLY dried. I can't stand and cutlery or crockery wet when my food goes on it.

I have to have things in the order I use them and if it gets messed up I panic. Although I have a very organised mess in my bedroom!

I also have an obsession with training, I can't stop buying courses!! And I barely make any back as have only just started mobile haha.

Even numbers on volumes ;) x

OMG! I'm a prolific list maker. But my true obsession is.....SHOES!

I can't have my food touching other food on the plate!lol and I eat all of my food seperately in order of eating my least favourite food first building up to my favourite food on the plate last! :p xxx

Im a list girl too. Love making my lists. I also take my camera everywhere, and take pictures of everything lol! Washing and clean clothes, my mum says I used to watch the washing mashine go round when I was a kid (wierd lol). I love putting washing on, unloading it, smelling all the nice fabric softeners in the super market. I just love washing! I am also obsessed with offers in the supermarket. I always would never pay over a pound for things like shower gel. I get all the nice brands for things like tooth paste and showergels when they are on offer and stock up. x

Is being obsessed with Johnny Depp considered "random?"

Is being obsessed with Johnny Depp considered "random?"

I'm with you on that one I am obsessed with johnny depp. He looks hot no what what he's dressed as x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I am totally with you OP! I love, love, love office supplies! I have 3 whole (yet very small) shelves in my cabinet at the salon dedicated to any and every office supply! I even have a set of Rubbermaid drawers at home full of supplies... So bad. LOL

Maybe list making isn't so random at all!! :)

And I don't fancy jhonny deep usually but for some reason love him dressed as a pirate? Haha x

I also calculate everything, I'll make up random numbers in my head (but make them make sence) if that makes sence? Ha!
Hmm example-
Oh I wonder if I charged £** for this treatment and did 500 of them tomorrow I'd make £**
even though I know it's impossible?
If my actual profit was as I seem to think it could be on my calculator I'd be a miwwionaire.

500 spray tans from 9-5... Things like that :S x

a brand new book oooo *shivers in anticipation* :biggrin:

a brand new book oooo *shivers in anticipation* :biggrin:

Agree with you here :)

And I re-read certain books I'm going to embarrass myself here but I've read all the Harry potters at least ten times haha x

Ohhhhhh snap! That tea thing is hilarious! And sooo random... Don't you ever think 'if people could hear what I'm thinking they would hate me!' :lol:

I'm obsessed with SHOES and I take pictures of EVERYTHING on my iPhone, whether it's a set of nails I've done, a yummy dinner or a random cat on the road! Lol... Might sound geeky but I also LOVE ordering stuff for my business and get really excited about it arriving (shellac colours, tools, jars, towels, anything!) :lol:

Ohhhhhh snap! That tea thing is hilarious! And sooo random... Don't you ever think 'if people could hear what I'm thinking they would hate me!' :lol:

I'm obsessed with SHOES and I take pictures of EVERYTHING on my iPhone, whether it's a set of nails I've done, a yummy dinner or a random cat on the road! Lol... Might sound geeky but I also LOVE ordering stuff for my business and get really excited about it arriving (shellac colours, tools, jars, towels, anything!) :lol:

Random cats! Lol I love this!!
And yes I think that all the time about the tea order!
I get my sneaky shifty eyes on trying to see if anyones figured out my secret haha x

I get the ordering bug but with online shopping, I got so bad at one point I brought a pair of socks that cost me £30 :/ when they got here they were actually horrid but I still had a sence of euphoria getting the parcel :) x

I don't know where my obsession comes from but I absolutely love stationery! Any type...pens, post its, paperclips....What made me think of it was a guy who sits near me just came back from the stationery cupboard with a big stack of brightly coloured post its...all I could think was, 'Are there more in there?!!?' My day job doesn't require much use of anything except a pc, a pen and notepad. My second job of hair and beauty doesn't really involve much stationery except a diary and a pen....but I can't help it! I buy it all the time. :wink2:

I am LMAO as I, too am OBSESSED with office supplies. I just bought some glittery construction paper the other day. I doubt if I'll ever use it but I just HAD to have it! :cool:

Pens, I love Pens and stationary, umm..the smell of leather bags and cheese, I really love cheese.:biggrin:

I cant touch tomatoes..
If I buy a sandwich and it has a tomatoes in it somebody else has to get it out and make sure there is no juice or pips or anything left in my sandwich!

But I'll eat pizza and have tomato soup...
x

Lou x I just laughed out loud on my v quiet train at ur tea thing because I'm exactly the same. But if I'm making one for myself as well I am always the right hand cup because I'm always right :) !

Ooooooooooooo pens. I love a smooth writing pen.

Latest posts

Back