Really random obsessions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit weird but I can't stand potatoes!! In any form. Mashed, jacket, roast, new, boiled...yuk. I can't have them near anything I eat and I don't even like watching other people eat them! If there is any on a fork or anything i can't touch it. Mashed potato is the worst... Just the thought of it makes me' feel sick eeewwwwww xx

My real obsession is 'use by' dates. I'm one of those annoying people that always takes everything from the back of the shelf and makes sure it's the longest to expire. Even if I was starving, I wouldn't eat anything with today's date on it. I'd be stressing about it all evening in case I got food poisoning

Lou x I just laughed out loud on my v quiet train at ur tea thing because I'm exactly the same. But if I'm making one for myself as well I am always the right hand cup because I'm always right :) !

Oops sorry! Haha :)

I suppose it is quite weird now I think about it!
Cor I hope I never meet any of you guys in real life! You'll ask ask me for a cuppa to find out my true feelings about you lol! x
Secrets out! x

My real obsession is 'use by' dates. I'm one of those annoying people that always takes everything from the back of the shelf and makes sure it's the longest to expire. Even if I was starving, I wouldn't eat anything with today's date on it. I'd be stressing about it all evening in case I got food poisoning

I have a milk obsession about it going off.
I drink about 20 pints a week!
But every so often about once every 3 months ANY milk I smell smells off.

When I first had this I thought it was the milk I was buying but then went to a friends, smelt her milk (as you do) and had the same thing!!

When I was about 13 I brought a milkshake from the corner shop (bananna) and was soo thirsty, I got outside took a mouthful, spat it out and was sick everywhere!
I didn't want to look but had too... Looked into the bottle it was like water with a lump of yellowy bananna looking stuff in it?
So now I always look in bottles before I drink :/
x

I love stationery too. I buy way more than I could ever use and every so often I look in my desk drawers and think, "Must start using some of this up". But then I buy more!

I don't even know if I dare write my freaky things lol. I was practically agreeing with everyones!
I have the cravings for new pads, papers and folders. I have folders for folders all in pretty designs with beautiful clean paper in. If I see a beautiful patterned paper I must have it. I do make cards occasionally but I buy a lot of paper just because, lol.
I have a massive obsession with Bruce Willis when I met him in LA at his Red Premier I was a possessed woman :)
I also have to have my food separate it must not touch on my plate. I have big issues with tinned sweetcorn it cannot go on a Sunday dinner it's wrong, it freaks me out so much having gravy on it arrrgh it's making me cringe and go funny now. Yet I like corn on the cob??? I have more but I'll alienate myself more. :)

I cannot stand to walk on a floor with the least bit of sand on it...drives me insane! Yet I spend countless hours at the beach. Go figure.

The last time I bothered to count them I had over 3000 books, yep three thousand. I can't walk past a charity shop, I have to go inside and browse the book shelves. Amazon and play.com love me:rolleyes:
Also shoes, I have a pair of over the knee stiletto suede boots, black with gold embroidery up the sides that I've had for 20 years, my daughter borrowed them on Saturday night and had loads of people wanting to buy my 'vintage' boots:eek: Now, I can't wear them any more, can't wear anything with a heel, which accounts for about 30 pairs of my shoes and boots, can I part with any of them? No, not a single pair.
Does it stop me from going into every single shoe shop and drooling over all the pretty shoes? Does it heck:Scared:

My ones pretty weird as well, I cannot STAND scrunched up dry tea bags....when people screw them up and put them in a pot, ugh...really makes me feel sick!
When there wet though, not a problem, give em a good ole' squish against the cup and get all the tea'y goodness out of them, fine with that.
Just not dry!!

Also....I buy flat tea bags in a box for this reason.
Don't get me started on pyramids- satins work if you ask me!:evil:

Now, I can't wear them any more, can't wear anything with a heel, which accounts for about 30 pairs of my shoes and boots

What size do you wear? I may be able to take them off your hands.:wink2:

What size do you wear? I may be able to take them off your hands.:wink2:
Dream on hun, if my daughter can't prize them out of my cupboard, you have no chance:biggrin:

And I thought we were friends. De-friend. LOL

Christmas wrapping paper.
I've already started thinking about what I should go for this year.
Last year I had brown parcel paper with teal and wine fine stripes.........clearly I am beyond hope.....this is so silly when I see it written down!:smack:

Actually, no it's not. No two gifts under my tree can be wrapped in the same paper. EVER!

When my son was born I had this obsession with buying prams!! At one point he had 6 & I would use a different one everyday depending on what he was wearing!! Crazy & i used to cringe at the way my husband pushed it up & down pavements!!

When my son was born I had this obsession with buying prams!! At one point he had 6 & I would use a different one everyday depending on what he was wearing!! Crazy & i used to cringe at the way my husband pushed it up & down pavements!!

My sister was the same. She had loads of prams!

Like everyone else I am a stationery lover. Can't get enough of it. My niece is the same. We were in Tesco standing staring at all the stationery for ages one day. lol

My current obsession is ducks! We finished our pond seven weeks ago and Tuesday three duchies were born. Been out there everyday feeding them and their mommy and trying to keep the evil fox away. Love animals..:Love:

My current obsession is ducks! We finished our pond seven weeks ago and Tuesday three duchies were born. Been out there everyday feeding them and their mommy and trying to keep the evil fox away. Love animals..:Love:

Aww I have two ducks that come back to my house every year! -Donald and Daisy
Not very imaginative but there you go! Haha x
They come right up to my front door and quack, once in the morning and once at about 6 for dinner! x

Latest posts

Back