Really random obsessions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 6 year old does the same - he has to "tidy" the shelves of every shop we go into! He makes my shopping trip easily half hour longer waitin for him and I hate taking him to big shops like Tesco haha xx

yeah, hahaha i think its a boy thing !
and boys are generally better at maths as well, (i keep telling myself that, lol) it was never my strong point

Love this thread so thought I'd add my quirk. I cant sleep in a room if the window is shut. I fear I'll run out of air! I can during the day but once it's night time it gets dangerous!:o I've been known when in a hotel room where the windows dont open, to get up at midnight and waft the door to replace the air! Oh dear, this sounds so mad.:sad:

I collect earings - last time I counted them I had over 50 pairs. I buy them all the time. I also have a hard time every morning as to which one to wear.:)

stationery for me too. I buy loads of cards and went on line the other day and bought two hundred coloured envelopes. Dont ask me why, but i did:). Think everybody has lists...i coudnt function without mine and re write them every night...Think its called being a woman and having a million things to do all at once.
Love bubble baths and bath oils too.

I actually have OCD so I guess Ive got loads lmao!

Main ones eat my food in an order first (least favourtie) last (most favourite. I also love certain words like pickle oh god that word drives me crazy i love it! Hate the word piglet ugh! I love the effect hoovering a carpet has ie seeing hoover marks.... hilarious considering Im all hard floors in my house except for my new red rug! Beans i hate like they make a gag even in a tin. cant touch them, smell them, hold a can most times, if the juice touches my skin i will rub and rub my skin raw until i feel like its washed off and I can categorically say that bean juice is not the same as spaghetti. phone numbers, bank account numbers and post make me freak- madness considering i worked in payroll for 5 years! i will stop now before i sound like a complete head case.

I get obsessed with constanly washing hands, especially if been to the towncentre, sometime wash them twice, as i feel still not clean. Also i have to put ornaments, photo's etc in straight lines. Drives me bonkers!!:)

I feel normal now! Lol x

I've got loads!! I touch my headboard twice before I go to sleep, I bleach the toilet every time I use it! I buy at least one toothbrush a week, I have all the cans in the cupboard facing the front in a line!! OCD!!x

So funny to read everyone's little quirks!

I like the left. I have to walk on the left, sleep on the left, have plate on the left, the cup on the left when making coffee. I don't drink and literally cannot stand tea,the smell makes me feel sick.

I cannot leave things " on their own" ie a can of baked beans, there has to be more than one left in it if I empty it out into a bowl , if there's one bean left on it's own I either fish it out or pop another one in the can, to er, keep it company (crazy I know!)

I am vegetarian and don't eat eggs either, so I am obsessive over contamination. I only drink bottled water, never tap water. If we visit relatives, I take water. I am a rubbish house guest lol.

Last edited:
Loving the lonely bean!

ok cant believe i am about to admit this ...but... I have to smell every book I pick up! I flick through the pages and give it a good ole sniff!!
(Now going back to rock quietly in my corner!!)

Hhhmmm think we all would do well in a stationary shop by the sounds of it.

Mine is list lots of lists, I sit with my catalogues and write down everything I want even tho I prob won't buy any of it lol. And anything pink, if I am in a shop and it has a homeware section and it has pink things I will look at them for ages lol. Ohh and johnny depp :) and gossip magazines.

That's it I think but I think coming on here is an obsession too lol :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

My room must be absolutely pitch black dark for me to sleep at night. I mean absolutely no light. Even the tiny blinking light on my Blackberry can't be visible or I won't be able to sleep.

However, I've been known to fall asleep literally ANYWHERE and under any conditions during daylight hours.

My room must be absolutely pitch black dark for me to sleep at night. I mean absolutely no light. Even the tiny blinking light on my Blackberry can't be visible or I won't be able to sleep.

However, I've been known to fall asleep literally ANYWHERE and under any conditions during daylight hours.

I do exactly the same thing, my dad is like it too, he even covers up the numbers on his digital clock lol :)

Louise
Xx

Stationary is a must lol but my mum is the worst person I know for it. She will not let you use a pen if it is a "good writer" haha she gives you the crappy biro lol and your not allowed to go in her pencil case or use her pads!!! :/

For me it is cleaning and washing!! Everything has to be in its place even if it is just one bowl that need washing up I will fill the sink up. Think i just love bubbles lol :) I even go round peoples houses and think im my head " ooohh that needs cleaning, that could do with a wipe lol" obessed with cleaning products! I have to have them and will only ever use Lemon washing up liquid with a certain sponge!!!

Im also obsessed with shower gels lol I love the smells and sit in the bath for ages smelling it haa the smell relaxes me!!

I have far too many obsessions but not long enough to list them< which is also another one! Lists! I write one out every day but with the same info hahaa :D

I think I may need help!

Seems like LISTS keep popping up as an obsession. I may need to start a list so I can keep track of it all.

Also worrying about things that haven't happened! I have to go to bed late or I end up thinking 'what if someone breaks in' 'What if theres a fire', etc, etc while I'm laying in bed! I'm terrible, I've even got myself crying thinking what COULD happen! Lol. My husband thinks I'm an idiot!

I do the lying in bed thing and what could happen or what if that had happened all the time drives me mad but its more over my little one, don't worry ur not alone lol x

I do the lying in bed thing and what could happen or what if that had happened all the time drives me mad but its more over my little one, don't worry ur not alone lol x

Yes I'm so much worse now I've got a baby! Every situation is now played out with rescuing him being the main priority!

Seems like LISTS keep popping up as an obsession. I may need to start a list so I can keep track of it all.

Haha. I love a good list!! I like ticking things off as I do them x

Latest posts

Back