Really Sore Fingers...help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barbie25

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

was just wondering if anyone knows of something to protect your fingers whilst filing? ive have quite a few more clients lately and my fingers are in agony:cry: . Im obviously holding my file wrong and have tried holding it differently but keep falling back into my old ways!

thanks xxx

You need some tech tape, from most wholsalers.

But most of all, you need to hold your file and control your file a little better, and if you do a search on here i'm sure there's something about it on here.

I had the same problems when I first started, it can be quite sore, hth xxx

thank you, ill try and find some. xx

Hi Everyone,

was just wondering if anyone knows of something to protect your fingers whilst filing? ive have quite a few more clients lately and my fingers are in agony:cry: . Im obviously holding my file wrong and have tried holding it differently but keep falling back into my old ways!

thanks xxx

Flex Wrap finger bandage Accessories : Nail care, nail art, nail tip care, acrylic nail, fingernail, nail course, nail polish, nail technician, nail gel || Creatives New Edge

Flex Wrap Cohesive Flexable Bandage - £3.99 : Tailormade_Nails :: For All Your Nail Enhancement Supplies

flex wrap! I have some in pink, its non sticky and great:green:

i've started to wear gloves.
1) to protect my nail enhancements from getting battered !!!
2) to stop my thumbs/fingers getting sore.

I read somewhere that some of the products i use 'open' the pores of the skin, then i go filing away and potentially the dust can get in the open pores:eek: making it irritated and sore. So now i wear gloves and NO PROBS and no SORE FINGERS !

Amb x

I use flex wrap as well, it's great stuff and stops my own nails from getting wrecked when I'm filing.

i've started to wear gloves.
1) to protect my nail enhancements from getting battered !!!
2) to stop my thumbs/fingers getting sore.

I read somewhere that some of the products i use 'open' the pores of the skin, then i go filing away and potentially the dust can get in the open pores:eek: making it irritated and sore. So now i wear gloves and NO PROBS and no SORE FINGERS !

Amb x
Well I never knew that! Very interesting.

I usually use finger wrap, but on the odd occasion I totally forget to ware it until it's too late, my god does it smart!?
I've actually ended up with a slight callas on the top of my index finger just on the first knuckle. Doesn't look very good does it?:lol:

I've never found the need for tech tape personally, hun. Sounds a bit obvious (and you're probably doing it already) but are you scoring the sides of each new file before use? Just running another file down each of the four sides of a new one takes the spitefulness out of it and I find this avoids hurting your own fingers and your clients' cuticles. hth xx

thank you so much everyone for your answers xx:)

flex wrap as said......sometimes if you look in a pet supply store you can get it cheaper there than at the beauty suppy.....and in more colours.....it's the same thing....sometimes you just can't help but nick a finger or two on a really busy day/week.....I tend to file allot on my thumb ....rather me than the clients skin you know?

Hi ,

I always use flex wrap . We do this in skin or white at £2.99 and in cols at £2.25 . (You will find them on our site in files and Buffers, misc sundries )

I personally prefer the skin/white as sometimes the dye on the cols can come off on you fingers .:eek:

Light Elegance

Karen

This thread reminds me of a Chinese fish and chip shop I knew in the UK, who would ask if you wanted "Sore Finger" on your fish and chips.....(say it to yourself to work it out!!).

Seriously, I use flexiwrap from Creative too - it works wonders. Also I have found that better file control has helped.

Eva

Does the flex wrap leave residue on your skin/nails when you take off? Kinda like plaster?

Flexi Wrap is great ... it adheres to itself, so doesn't leave you with tacky fingers either!

Fab,will have to get some.

Latest posts

Back