Really upset and need to rant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JellyJane

Reaction score
Hi geeks

Sorry but I need to rant about this.
I recently saw an ad for a room share in a gym. Went and saw the room and it was sharing with someone who does massage, aromotherapy treatments. I am beauty and nails qualified so agreed to rent room, asked if it was ok for them to sublet to me and she said yes but to tell managers I was her friend. It's a busy gym. Anyway i could only use it through day until 4.30 and only a couple of hours sat morning. Trouble is people were asking for evening appointments.

I had asked this girl if any other rooms were available and she said NO and they were a fortune. I found out one was available so asked if i could have it cos need it on an evening. I got the room yesterday and told her and that I would still work with her and promote her services (and I had agreed not to do Indian Head and Hopi cos she did it). Last night one of her friends phoned me telling me I was an evil vindictive backstabbing bitch and she would ruin my reputation and make sure I didn't get any work in that gym. Then the manager phoned me and asked me to go in and see her which I did this morning. Basically the girl has told them she wants to expand into beauty (even though she isn't beauty qualified) and that would mean we would be rivals!

So I need to go. Because she does some classes there they decided I would have to go. I had appointments booked for Hollywood Lashes, Shellac and waxing which I have now lost and bought a proper nail station yesterday and started painting the room. I have lost loads of money now and all my leaflets had disappeared this morning.

I am right to be upset. I had told her I would like to get my own room there and said I would promote her business. :cry: rant over

Last edited by a moderator:
Sending big (((hugs))).

There's only one thing for it, find another room to rent, and make sure your business is a million times better and more succesful than hers. xx

I agree with the above post... This is an awful situation!

Contact your clients and explain that due to unforseen circumstances you are having to relocate. See if you can do them mobile if you cannot find premises soon enough.

People like this are rare so don't let it get you down too much. Financial losses can be devestating but you can recover from this and become stronger.

Hit her where it hurts and keep doing what your doing best x Another peice of advise is to remain professional at all time. Don't ever lower your professional standards and bad mouth her to your customers x Just do your thing and be brilliant xxxx

Remember as well, what goes around comes around. Like the above poster said, remain proffessional & keep your dignity, karma is going to be hot on her heels waiting to bite her on the bum.
Also how old is she? 8? She got her FRIEND to ring you giving you grief? Can she not speak for herself to you? It sounds like she's either very jealous, very immature or a complete nutter. Or all three.
Keep your chin up it will all work out in the end. :)

but why does that make you a nasty backstabbing cow?? surely shes the nasty backstabbing cow?? some people hey? :wink2: just think everything happens for a reason and you will learn from this experience. someone out there has an amazing room waiting for you to set up in! just make sure you grab your client cards, DO NOT leave them behind... good luck and be glad you got out of that situation :D x

Latest posts

Back