Reasons to be cheerful...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandelionpoppy

Reaction score
List 3 things that have made you cheerful today.

Here are mine:

1. I spent half an hour just sitting in the garden, watching the birds, squirrels and Elsie the wonderdog. (OK, I also had the first Pimms of the season)
  2. I re-assembled some garden furniture correctly.
  3. I met an old school friend and we spent some time doing some ego-massaging on the lines of what a good vintage we are :biggrin::wink2::biggrin:
Your turn!

The most scummiest garlic bread at Carluccios, the sun shining and warm weather, and my eldest home for the weekend :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I have already put this on the Rave thread! We purchased a new Rangemaster cooker and stove for our new home! It has cheered me up so much. This build has been taking a lot out of me recently! Soooo many decisions to make. For the first time, I am beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel. All the things I like are starting to happen now! Like you, D'poppy, little things that cost nothing make me cheerful too! I love nature!

Last edited by a moderator:
My 13 year old son has made me a gorgeous cake for Mother's Day, my cat is sat on my knee and my daughter has planned a film night for us tonight and turned down going out with friends 😀

Lovely flowers from my son
My great niece is 10 months and came to me and gave me a big hug today for the first time just off the cuff
I've spent a few hours listening to my team win on the radio whilst creating a new art work.

1. Having my tweeny weeny nephew for a sleepover - he's almost 4wks and still only 4lb10oz he was a good boy for his Auntie Vixx :)

2. My eldest deciding I was having Mothers Day a day early and receiving a new CD for the car. The kids are fed up with Ultimate Kylie.

3. Wearing my sunglasses to drive and the windows rolled down :)

So hard to only choose 3 things :)

1) Greeting my work colleague in our own unique way.

2) Getting home from the early shift and the sun shining as strong as it was so getting the garden furniture out and enjoying being outside giving my boy a good brush!

3) This evening. Onesie, curry, Honey Dew beer and hanging with my gang.

My oldest daughter got flowers and wine delivered to me today, she lives in Australia. :Kissing:
I'm away tomorrow for Mother's Day so my other daughter made me and the rest of the family, a lovely dinner this evening. :Kissing:
And the final reason I have to be cheerful today is.....all the laundry is done ! Whoohoo

I started a new job yesterday and it ended up being a disaster with me leaving in floods of tears.
However the way my boyfriend family and friends have rallied around giving me words of comfort and making me feel so loved and supported has amazed me so I'm cheerful for my amazing boyfriend, my fabulous friends and my beautiful family and I'll even throw in a 4th reason are my dogs who are so special too and are always there with a wagging tail no matter what:D xxx

I'm having to give likes for all of these - because I like them all!

Lovely idea for a thread.

1: My son did really well in his karate class today. Its his 3rd time and hes picking it up nicely so i was very proud.
2: The sun was shining for a change and I enjoyed drinking tea in the garden while the kids played.
3: I spent the afternoon with my sis and then had a client for a colour service, I've been away from hair a while so it was lovely to know I still got it lol :)

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Lovely lunch in the garden with friends, visited my FIL in hospital and his lots better and stronger. Ordering Thai food for dinner.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Nikki may; you are a very positive person, and I wish you well with your recovery.

I spent the day with my daughter shopping for clothes and makeup.

Had a lovely romantic tea with my partner.

My daughter is so happy which I love to see.

Aw lovely thread missus :)

1. My son giving me my mother's day cards early as he'll be at rugby for most of the day tomorrow- 2 of which he made himself :)

2. Buying new paint and wallpaper for my second hallway and new paint to spruce up my salon woodwork/scurtin boards, door frames and door treads- I'm in the nesting phase and want everything finished before bubs gets here!

3. Buying a new bottle of gaviscon after having the night and day from hell due to really bad acid reflux!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Nikki may; you are a very positive person, and I wish you well with your recovery.

Aaw thank you. Xxx

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Went shopping with my mum today.
Finally got the funds to pay for my course and starting tomorrow finally finishing off hairdressing - dream come true 😄😄😄
Oh and also have designed my packaging for my eyelash brand and it's all coming together yay!
Life is so beautiful sometimes

I dropped my bank card and an old man handed it in.

I was about to buy a parking ticket and someone gave me their ticket.

I got contact lenses and they are amazing it's like seeing everything in HD lol.

1)im on holiday in lanzarote :)
2) it's bloody hot!!
3) I have been sunbathing ALL day to ensure I get a tan before going home- come inside and it worked ;-)

1)im on holiday in lanzarote :)
2) it's bloody hot!!
3) I have been sunbathing ALL day to ensure I get a tan before going home- come inside and it worked ;-)

That's Vimto AND Virtues both on holiday at hot places.... My name starts with a V, where's my hot holiday :( haha

OK my cheerful stuff...
1. Receiving daily photos of my weeny nephew.
2. Got my first paying massage client tonight. I'm secretly worried I'll forget routine.... Fake it, slowly!! is gonna be my motto ;)
3. Cadbury Dairy Milk, nutty caramel 💜

Latest posts

Back