Rebalance and infills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

torella

Reaction score
whats the difference between infills and rebalancing the nails?
i just thought they were the same thing?

after 2 -3 weeks my clients come back and i file the nails down and reapply the acrylic.. is that an infill or a rebalance??

just confusing myself reading threads on here talking about infills and rebalances lol

thanks xxxx

Hi Torella, have you had any training as it says nothing in your profile, if you have perhaps you could update it.

yeah i have.. i did a course in london in september just to learn the basics and im doing a course with NSI in the new year (im just too lazy to update profiles and stuff lol)

but about the rebalancing and infills???
still confused lol
xxx

yeah i have.. i did a course in london in september just to learn the basics and im doing a course with NSI in the new year (im just too lazy to update profiles and stuff lol)

but about the rebalancing and infills???
still confused lol
xxx

Well you need to get off your @ss and update your profile :lol: you will get much more help and advise if you do. You need to say what training you have had, who it was with, what products you use etc and if you are not yet qualified then you should not be be working on clients.

Infill - Replacing product in the grown out area only.
Rebalance - Restoring the balance & structure of the nail - repairing any cracks, chips, breaks, etc. reducing the length back to what it was, replacing the product in the grown out area, replacing the smile line back to where it should be, replacing the apex back to where it should be.

haha i'll do that now :D

hmm so i guess i just rebalance all the time.. is this wrong??

the course i did was a one dayer so thats probably why i dont know the difference lol..
but the NSI course i'm gunna be doin is like a one 2 one workshop to iron out all the cracks in my head.. and i think there are lots haha
xxx

haha i'll do that now :D

hmm so i guess i just rebalance all the time.. is this wrong??

the course i did was a one dayer so thats probably why i dont know the difference lol..
but the NSI course i'm gunna be doin is like a one 2 one workshop to iron out all the cracks in my head.. and i think there are lots haha
xxx

I'm with you I always rebalance the nail at every appointment.

Frankly I think the 'infill' term should be out of date now . I think all true professionals see the maintenance appointment as a rebalance. I wouldn't really think to do anything else.

i deffinatly rebalance.... its the only way to Thoroughly maintain your clients enhancements in my opinion. :)

I technically rebalance even when I infill.
The nail starts off tin at the cuticle area, builds to a thickness, then tapers off.

When I infill, I build up to the highest area, when I shorten the nail, it makes a thickness on the free-edge, when I taper this off, I automatically move the stress area (or thickest area) backwards, hence rebalancing the nail, even when not doing Pink and Whites (which many call a rebalance).

I recently did a quick infill video.... 10 minutes (where I do in fact rebalance) the nail.
YouTube- Quick Acrylic Nail refill/infill in 10 minutes (one hand).

interesting video NailZoo...

just wondering... looks like you shorten the nail after applying the new product..after the infill basically. or is it me seeing it wrong... during my training we were taught to *shape* the nail before applying the product, may it be for an infill or a rebalance...

as for the difference between the 2, for me you infill when you use the "one--bead" method, or do a fast nail that you would cover with a lacquer for example. and the rebalance includes the new smile line.

interesting video NailZoo...

just wondering... looks like you shorten the nail after applying the new product..

I shorten the nail after I fill, when the nail is structurally sound.

I don't like the idea of shortening it when it has grown half way up the nailplate.

There is no right or wrong.

Thanks for the video, Nailzoo, I long for the day when I can infill that quickly :green:; incidentally I really liked the shape of the brush you were using. Can you tell me what make it is please?

Hi nailszoo yeh I like your brush too!!!
Also like your likkl habbit of touching each nail with your brush b4 you put your bead on!!! Made me chuckle to myself cosI have a likkl habbit like that but mines wiping my brush after I've placed my bead! Dont know why I do it but I do it EVERY time and I can seem to crack the habbit!
Jayneym :hug:

I shorten the nail after I fill, when the nail is structurally sound.

I don't like the idea of shortening it when it has grown half way up the nailplate.

There is no right or wrong.
I was not saying nor thinking one was right and the other was wrong, i was just wondering why since it is different from what i learnt ;)

I'll try it next time :)

Hi nailszoo yeh I like your brush too!!!
Also like your likkl habbit of touching each nail with your brush b4 you put your bead on!!! Made me chuckle to myself cosI have a likkl habbit like that but mines wiping my brush after I've placed my bead! Dont know why I do it but I do it EVERY time and I can seem to crack the habbit!
Jayneym :hug:

I don't like either habit and the last one you should stop as you re not only wasting money and your most costly product, but not feeding the bead what it needs in the way of liquid.

Latest posts

Back