Rebalance nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweeboo

Reaction score
hey guys & girls

I'm doing sculpted nails and they are going fine but when it comes to rebalances they are a nightmare!
It takes me an hour and a half to do a rebalance and they look way too thick........this is what i do
1. Take of gel top coat
2. Drill in new smile line with Efile.
3. Take down white free edge so its thinner.
4.Take off natural shine of exposed growtyh area.
5 Apply bond.
6. apply new acrylic white and then pink.
7. File into shape and finish with gel top coat.

when i have finished they still look thin but if i take them too thin you can see the white shadow from the previous white, it also takes me 1hr 30 mins aprox is this too long or about right?
ive spoken to a few techs and they say they dont do rebalances as they take too long and they just soak off and put on a new set? what do you all think??

Thanks
x

I wish i could do a french rebalance in 1 and a half hours! I take 2 hours and i do it all by a hand file (i cannot conrol my efile and find it takes me longer because im being so carefull so choose not to use it)
I file the whole enhancement down by 50% then reapply 50% pink & white L&P.
I don't like the idea of soaking off and new set when the french rebalance is due. What a waste of product. It would take me longer to soak off and give a new set. And the cost to my clients for a soak off and new set, my clients would not be happy and would be soon looking for a new nail tech.

Karen stick with your efile and practice, I use an underneath nail cleaner bit to drill in my smile lines (the really thin drill bit, the one that has like a point on it). Lynn lamners has a video on YouTube found it and you can get a nice smile line doing it this way. Pm me and let me know how you get on xx

it takes me 1hr to do a rebalance speed comes with time and plenty of practice! you would be better to use a carbide barrel to drill your whites no wonder its taking your time up using the bit your using! hth mr.

Karen stick with your efile and practice, I use an underneath nail cleaner bit to drill in my smile lines (the really thin drill bit, the one that has like a point on it). Lynn lamners has a video on YouTube found it and you can get a nice smile line doing it this way. Pm me and let me know how you get on xx
I hated drilling in the smile lines, I prefered debulking zone 1 & 2 then switching to hand file for zone 3 (this is how we were shown) Infact, we were shown only to debulk zones 1 & 2, either methods shown, i.e carving out smile line or debulk and switch to hand file for side walls and cuticle zone. We were told never to use Efile on sidewalls and zone 3, natural nail and no point using to finish has you are only refining surface.
I feel im all over the place and im scared incase i catch clients skin, i haven't got much course notes to go by and it was nearly a year ago when i did my course. I forget if i should be in forward or reverse and my notes don't say. :lol:
I had mainly older clients who would freak out if i got a 'drill' out to use on them, but now im in my new place of work, and have some new younger clients who don't care how their nails are done, i may have to have another blast at it. My poor trainer hand is in for a bashing now!:lol:

Rebalance has always taken me longer then a new set.
Unless it's a perfect client who comes in every 2 weeks never picks, never uses her nails as tools, always uses her solar oil................
Oh wait that's me on a good week:lol:
1 & 1/2 hours is good, you will get quicker but not by much and for the rest Fi has put it so much clearer then I can.
Tiny beads for the rebalance and only remove as much as you have to:hug:

I hated drilling in the smile lines, I prefered debulking zone 1 & 2 then switching to hand file for zone 3 (this is how we were shown) Infact, we were shown only to debulk zones 1 & 2, either methods shown, i.e carving out smile line or debulk and switch to hand file for side walls and cuticle zone. We were told never to use Efile on sidewalls and zone 3, natural nail and no point using to finish has you are only refining surface.
I feel im all over the place and im scared incase i catch clients skin, i haven't got much course notes to go by and it was nearly a year ago when i did my course. I forget if i should be in forward or reverse and my notes don't say. :lol:
I had mainly older clients who would freak out if i got a 'drill' out to use on them, but now im in my new place of work, and have some new younger clients who don't care how their nails are done, i may have to have another blast at it. My poor trainer hand is in for a bashing now!:lol:

Sweety, just because they don't care doesn't mean you shouldn't.
You're doing fine. I only use my e-file to de bulk, I'm quicker with a hand file for everything else:lol: A lot of us are the same.
But I am curious about using the fine point for cutting in a smile line, think I'm going to give that a wirl with the trainer hand, like you I don't feel I have enough control to cut in a smile, I'm always worried I'll go to deep and cut the whole end of:eek: I like to try new things, tomorrow I'll have a play:lol:

First to original poster: are you thinning the white to little before applying a new bead?

The to the comments about drilling out the smile, I have seen it done both with the flat end and with a pointy end. I have never done it myself though, but if you don't get a precise smileline you can always refine it with a hand file before applying new white?

hey girls thanks for your reply

its Lynn Lammers that uses the pointy ended drill bit (under nail cleaner) and i find it much easier to use too rather than the normal bits.
I get think nails when i dont take the old product down enought, but if i do take it thin enough the white extension (free edge) falls of???? i just dont get it.
i've had an idea but not sure if it will wor here it is:-
1. drill in new smile line and thin down the old product by a tiny fraction...litreally just taking off the gel top coat.
2. fill in the new drilled smile line area and pull a very small amount of white over the old white to brighten it up again.

what do you think?
the difference is that i would hardly take any white off at all, would this work?

Thanks
James
x

Sweety, just because they don't care doesn't mean you shouldn't.
You're doing fine. I only use my e-file to de bulk, I'm quicker with a hand file for everything else:lol: A lot of us are the same.
But I am curious about using the fine point for cutting in a smile line, think I'm going to give that a wirl with the trainer hand, like you I don't feel I have enough control to cut in a smile, I'm always worried I'll go to deep and cut the whole end of:eek: I like to try new things, tomorrow I'll have a play:lol:
Sorry Susie, i didn't word myself properly there and you have mis-understood me. :) I meant to say , the younger clients don't care whether you use a Efile or a Hand File so i will have another blast with my efile. I didn't mean i dont care how their nails are done because they don't care! :lol:

Sorry Susie, i didn't word myself properly there and you have mis-understood me. :) I meant to say , the younger clients don't care whether you use a Efile or a Hand File so i will have another blast with my efile. I didn't mean i dont care how their nails are done because they don't care! :lol:

Lol, trust me to get the wrong end of it:smack:

There is another way

You could carve your smile line, so you have the little groove...file a little of the old white ..then just fill the groove with white..saves removing all the white.

I think it was Tammy Taylor who does it this way :)

Lol, trust me to get the wrong end of it:smack:
Its not your fault, its me! :) I have great difficulty explaining myself in posts. (writing things down) Altough i do take care in trying to write what i mean, posts do take me a long time to write has my grammer is very poor. I mean i literally sit here with a dictionary because i cannot figgin work out how to put an online dictionary one on my comp! :lol:

hey girls thanks for your reply

its Lynn Lammers that uses the pointy ended drill bit (under nail cleaner) and i find it much easier to use too rather than the normal bits.
I get think nails when i dont take the old product down enought, but if i do take it thin enough the white extension (free edge) falls of???? i just dont get it.
i've had an idea but not sure if it will wor here it is:-
1. drill in new smile line and thin down the old product by a tiny fraction...litreally just taking off the gel top coat.
2. fill in the new drilled smile line area and pull a very small amount of white over the old white to brighten it up again.

what do you think?
the difference is that i would hardly take any white off at all, would this work?

Thanks
James
x
Back on topic :)
Tweeboo, has long has you are only replacing what you have just removed it will be ok.

Latest posts

Back